43. Pretentious Game

Morning came by in a flash of light as the night before, both Maya and Taehyung didn't get a proper sleep into their system, courtesy of the conversation that sparked the heated memories buried down their own mind.

Maya stirred her body underneath the duvet, somewhat finding the similar comfort which she has no ownership of anymore as she lost herself within Taehyung's soft musky scent.

She knew that moving forward, they both have to face their inner demons from the past and let it go as it is. They are grown adults now, almost reaching their 30s, what else is there to hold back with?

Kicking the blanket off, Maya peeked through the room, clearer than the night before as she spotted her last night's outfit with her undergarments neatly folded on the bed side table.

A pool of heat brushed through her cheeks as she covered her mouth gasping in embarrassment. Tae really did wash her outfits for her and even placed them neatly beside her when she managed to doze off for a bit.

She squinted her eyes and noticed a white paper note under her panties.

Maya quickly jumped on the bed and took off the note, reading it out loud.

"Hey, I hope it's not awkward to fold your clothes and place it here. Just thought it might be useful to have lingeries to wear once you wake up."

Maya crumbled the note in her hand, squeezing her thighs together as last night's little activity under the shower crawled back to her present mind.

"You're still fucking stupid Maya."

The poor girl growled deeply and just decided to accept her silly fate as she washed up quickly, trying to rummage something salvageable for her to wear inside Tae's closet. She can't be wearing a body exposing metallic silk dress out in a broad daylight.

As soon as she was decent with a shirt which she knotted it under her breast and Tae's smallest size sweatpants hugging her curvy hips, Maya took her belongings and stepped out of the room.

She was not surprised to be greeted by the man himself, dressed pretty casually as it's a Sunday after all.

"Oh good morning Maya."

Taehyung turned around as he heard Maya's footstep against the floor.

"Morning." should she smile and pretend as nothing happened? No, that would be so stupid and fake.

She was deciding to keep her poker face on when unintentionally her lips curved up into a smile when she was greeted by Tae's infamous boxy grin. Maya truly missed that.

"Coffee?"

"Sure." Maya sat in front of the island, on the high chair as Taehyung wiped his hands on the small towel over his right shoulder before picking up the jug of hot coffee, pouring some for Maya.

"You drink coffees now?" Maya said as she poured in some almond milk, surprised that Tae had all the staples which she loves although she is pretty certain that man hates coffee.

"I don't."

"Then why do you have all these?" Maya circled her index finger over the items, including the coffee jug and almond milk, specifically the Barista Blend by Blue Diamond which she drinks.

"I went down to get some this morning."

Maya raised her eyes in surprise. This morning? So what's the time right now exactly? She tried to spot any tool that would show her the time at the moment.

"It's 11:30 am now."

"What??" Maya squeezed her eyes out. She thought she was only asleep for an hour or two coz it was already close to 5 AM when she tossed and turned in the bed before falling asleep.