18. A Glimpse Of Hope

"That was a successful meeting isn't it?" Parker was extra energized after the introductory meeting with Namjoon earlier. The blond couldn't let go on how perfect the young boss looked in his expensive suit and elegant glasses.

"Parker."

"Yes, Maya? I know right! Did you notice how long his legs were? Omg, my mind!" Parker dramatically holds his head like it was about to fall as he genuinely fell back on the couch, in their suite's living room.

"Stop doing that."

"Do what?" Parker's fantasy about Namjoon was short-lived when Maya sounded irritated as the girl took off her heels and peeled off her blazer, leaving her in her silky top still tucked into her grey pants.

"Stop drooling over our clients. You did it twice today you sweet cheeks!" Maya threw the blazer at Parker, making the blond groan in disgust.

"Ew take this cheap thing away! And I did not drool twice. Wait. I did." Parker threw back the blazer towards Maya as he tapped his right index under his chin, recalling the silver head he bumped into earlier.

"That smoking hot silver ass." Parker smirked.

"Gosh you're horny, you need to get some dick soon my son. Stop bothering my clients. You're gonna make them creep out of this project and the only dick you're gonna get is Hoseok's angry avatar"

"Oh dear, don't even remind me how our boss can get into a hulk when he gets angry, he is scary!" Parker flinched, fully aware of the not so sunshine like Hoseok when he is serious or angry.

"Precisely, so please behave around Mr Kim and whoever you come across next. I mean it." Maya dragged her feet towards her room, already planning on a short report to update her boss.

"Yes missy. I mean no harm." Parker followed right through, taking the spot on Maya's bed, as the girl took her seat near the table and chair, flopping open her MacBook, ready to send a report.

"I know, I trust you too. Just...this is a brand new place Parker, I am always on the verge and nervous as well, at least let us warm up to the Kims before you go all nasty on them k?"

"Your wish is my command darling. Now let me get some rest coz we have dinner with Mr Kim aka Namjoonie at 7 PM. You. Better. Not. Disappoint." Parker pointed at his best friend, eyes daggering into her confused ones.

"Me? Why? And I didn't know we confirmed the dinner plans with him..." Maya trailed off as she recalled she mentioned she would get back to Namjoon about the confirmation.

"I did."

"When?"

"Just now."

"Precisely Parker, we left their office like 30 mins ago. I didn't see you calling them to confirm."

"I texted."

"Texted? Who? Rosa the assistant?"

"Pft, don't be so basic. I texted Namjoonie."

"WHAT? You texted the boss himself?"

"Yea, now stop exaggerate further, send your damn report to Hoseok, he will read it first thing in the morning tomorrow. It's already about 7 PM in US right now."

Maya knew Hoseok probably is still in the office and working overtime, she didn't want to bother him with the email report but she also knows her boss will want to know the details in and out.

"Yea, I will. Take your break and I guess we will leave about 6PM?" Maya clarified, not sure where will the dinner be.

"Sure thing, just wear something casual but nice." Parker said as he left to his own room, cleaning up some report on his own and spending a huge chunk of his time deciding on his dinner outfit.

.

Maya took about 4 hours to draft a simple layout and a report write up about the content on the meeting earlier. Definitely thanking Parker as well since he took down the majority of the note although he was busy admiring Namjoon.

Once it looked good on her report, she clicked send and emailed the details to Hoseok.

"Ummmmmm...." Maya did a lazy stretch and finally stood up from her chair after 3 hours of cramming herself, completing the report.

In between, Parker was kind enough to still send some snacks and clean up the layout for Maya to make it look presentable. They work so well together and their sync is an envy to many architects and assistants pair in the office.

Hence, it was a totally smart move by Hoseok to hand the Project VC to Maya and Parker, knowing the duo can ace it well.

"Hello?" Maya answered her phone which buzzed within 10 mins of her freedom from her workspace. "Hoseok?"

"Maya, how are you?"

"I'm good Hoseok. It's almost midnight in LA now. Aren't you like suppose to be asleep or something?" Maya chuckled, still cracking her neck left to right, easing the soreness with one hand holding her phone, speaking to Hoseok.

"I was about to, but then I know you will definitely email me, so I waited."

"You were so sure about me emailing you huh?" Maya chuckled.

"Come on Maya, I knew you for about 6 years now, you work like a machine and so precise with your reports. I know you send updates right after each meeting." Hoseok said from the other side.

"True, but well don't worry about it. I can talk to you about it tomorrow. You should get some sleep."

"Sure, you can update me on the details tomorrow. It's already looking good."

"Hoseok, I only drafted like minor details, not even 2% of the plan."

"Still, it's great!" Hoseok said excitedly.

"You're so silly. Good night to you yea, I'll ring you tomorrow." Maya said, waiting for a reply, to which, she got none.

"Hoseok? Hello?" She took the phone off her ear and checked the call status, it was still connected.

"Hobi? You there?"

"Um yea."

"Good, I think you should go to bed. I will text you if there is anything yea?"

"Maya."

"Huh yea?"

"I miss you already."

Silence. Maya's breathing hitched, she was twirling her necklace in her fingers when she suddenly gripped onto the pendant, squeezing her eyes shut.

"I'm sorry I am making you uncomfortable. I just thought of saying it. Bye Maya, be safe and take care of yourself for me."

"I will. Bye Hoseok."

Maya took the phone off her ear, holding onto it tightly, letting her body relax when she saw the call disconnected. She really needs to have a proper chat with Hoseok soon, her heart is too weak now to keep rejecting the man who chased after her so diligently, never failing to prove his sincerity.

And on the other hand, there is Maya who just can't seem to accept someone new into her heart again after giving it away to the hazel-eyed boy who she last fell for.

V.

Someone who will never get out of Maya's head after doing her so wrong, leaving her in a state where she was defeated and suffered a tremendous loss.

A pass which will unravel itself soon, as time is ticking for fate to play its destiny again, about to connect two known strangers, once again in a stranger land.

.
_______________________________________
☘️
For some reason, this chapter made me emotional.
As I recalled some past unpleasant memories.

Disclaimer: this story is inspired by true events in my life. Either something I've experienced my own or seen my friends go through it.

It's not 100% identical,
hence I said the word
Inspired.