23. Familiarity

Maya got the chance to rest for a couple of days although she insisted Hoseok that she is not having any jet lags like poor Parker.

Hence, come the next morning, Maya was all decked up and ready for her pitch at the HQ based on all the information she managed to gather and plot over the 2 weeks of stay in Seoul.

"You got this sweetheart." Parker cheered his favourite girl minutes before the presentation as all the important members including Hoseok and his father who have gathered at the board room, ready for Maya to present. Including the con-call recording for the team in Seoul.

Maya watched as Parker synched her Mac and the projector, pulling out her design, laying them on display for the crew.

A very brief scan through the room allowed Maya to catch a glimpse of Hoseok who did a mini thumbs up and whisper of good luck as she confidently greeted the floor and started off her presentation.

"And that's how ladies and gentleman, the budget worth of 2 million USD will be spent to create one of the most iconic blends of a modern and urban cultural building in the heart of Seoul, making VC Corporation one of the sexist and tech-savvy companies out there."

Maya finished her last sentence, letting out a sigh of relief as she breathed out. Fingers still clasped together, waiting for some or any sort of indication from the floor about her plan with the team.

No words were said, but a burst of loud cheers and claps were heard across the room, as Mr Jung continued to cheer loudly, showing his sign of satisfaction on Maya's plan.

"Well, now I am jealous our HQ in LA won't look the poshest and sexist anymore." Mr Jung jokingly said, making the crowd burst into waves of laughter.

"I'm sure Maya will love to refurbish our office someday dad." Hoseok agreed with his father, being the loudest (or second loudest) to clap apart from Parker.

"You did a brilliant sum up and plans on the allocated budget for the Kims. I'm very impressed and I can see why the Kims, especially the younger bosses are praising you so much." Mr Jung commented.

Maya bowed her head, flustered, knowing very well those young bosses must be Namjoon and Jimin.

"I believe they must have over-exaggerated a little and have spoken very well about Parker as well."

Mr Jung nodded, raising his brow at Parker who tried to hide his face behind the laptop, getting red over the indication of Jimin.

"Anyways, good job fellas, I'm sure Jin will be a great addition to the team, I heard you will be flying the team to Seoul in another 2 weeks?"

Maya nodded, indicating her answer to Mr Jung about her travel plans.

"I will bring along Jin and Parker again this time, the others can still work remotely from LA, I foresee us staying a little longer this time as well Mr Jung."

Mr Jung nodded, he has no problem with the travels and costs as this is one of their high budget overseas project which he is super confident about delivering with Maya spearheading the team.

"I will follow along this time too." Hoseok butted in.

"Hoseok, aren't your hands full with Big Hit's office launch? Their terms and publications?" Mr Jung questioned his son.

"I am, but I will be done by end of the month, I can still fly in maybe 1 week after them, at least another hand on board will only ease the project and smoothen the flow." Hoseok was confident about the plan and low-key didn't wanna stay afar from his love interest too.