Chapter Seven

As expected everything her parents owned was split three ways between their daughters, but what Jang-Mi and her sisters didn't expect were letters from her parents. Their family lawyer gave them each a letter addressed to them from both parents.

Buzz buzz

Jang-Mi's phone broke her stare at her letters,the sisters decided they wouldn't go back to work or school today and would stay at home to read their letters. She heard Ara crying and assumed she read hers, she couldn't bring herself to open her own letter. She grabbed her phone and saw a text.

From: Bacon(Baek Kyung)🥓
To:Park Jang-Mi
Why didn't you come back to school?
-Kyung

To:Bacon(Baek Kyung)🥓
From:Park Jang-Mi
Did you miss me😏?
Remember how I told you we were gonna read my parents Wills? Well we did and found out they wrote us letters so we decided to stay home and read them.
Btw don't sign your name as Kyung at the end of the text I have your number saved idiot🙄

From:Bacon(Baek Kyung)🥓
To:Park Jang-Mi
Don't call me an idiot🙄
Did you read your letter? Are you okay?

To:Bacon(Baek Kyung)🥓
From:Park Jang-Mi
No I haven't,I was staring at it before you texted me. I'm too scared to read it.

From:Bacon(Baek Kyung)🥓
To:Park Jang-Mi
Put a pair of pants on and a coat,I'll fetch you in five.
You don't have to read it alone if you don't want too.

From:Park Jang-Mi
To:Bacon(Baek Kyung)
I'll see you in 5 xx

She smiled at her phone and got dressed,not even three minutes later she heard his motorcycle hooting. She grabbed her letters and her coat and left the house, she walked out the gate putting on her coat she flipped her hair not realizing the wind,hearts and birds the author added around her whilst Kyung watched her. She jumped on the back of his bike and they drove off.

Click

They arrived at the park and allowed Kyung to led her to the swing set.

"Do you remember how we'd come and sit here after I got into an argument with my dad? Or after visiting my mum in hospital?" He asked as he sat on a swing.

Jang-Mi smiled at the memories. Aysh when life tended to be a bit simpler.

"You don't have to read your letters if you don't want too, I just wanted you to know you aren't alone in this. I'll be here for you" Kyung said avoiding her eye contact. He pushed himself on the swing.

"I want too read them now that I'm with you" Jang-Mi whispered. Oh my goodness that was so cheesy,I can taste it in my mouth! Eww he is engaged woman.

She opened her mothers letter and read it, she started to tear up she missed her mother. Her hands shook as she opened her father's letter.

My dear Mimi
Your mother saw this scene in a movie where a man wrote his wife letters that she read after he died and insisted we do it for you girls.

Parents aren't supposed to have favorites but you have always been my eyes. I remember when You and Ara decided to become my sons and take up sports I wanted to do with my future sons,you volunteered to take boxing whilst Ara did basketball. You were a natural in the ring,I remember your first match, you lost but you trained so hard afterwards it made me feel guilty. Did I put to much pressure on you to succeed? But it wasn't that,I realized you wanted to win because you wanted to make me happy. You've always wanted to make everyone else happy,when you won your next match you had the biggest smile on your face because you thought winning made me happy,it didn't,seeing you smile at me made me happy.

My biggest regret as your father is that I'll never get to see you start a family and make someone special happy, all I can ask for now is that you make yourself happy. My Mimi chase what your heart desires and find your very own source of happiness.

I love you to infinity and beyond
Dad.

Jang-Mi was sobbing by the time she finished her fathers letter,Kyung stood in front of her and let very cry on his chest.

Why did the writer have to kill them? What was the purpose, I curse him for this.

After she finished crying the two left the park in silence. Kyung drove her back to her house and switched off his bike.

"Thank you Kyung-ah." She smiled at him, she avoided his gaze because her eyes were red and puffy. Kyung picked up her chin so she could look at him and when she did all she could see was him, he had sparkles around him and lights shining solely on him. This is so cliche and where did the stupid light come from.

"Anything for you Jang-Mi" he replied. Her heart started beating faster and faster she felt like she had just come back from a major championship game. She couldn't stop staring at him and she didn't want to. Ya Park Jang-Mi stop it. She noticed how beautiful and dark his eyes were and how full his lips were, they must've been soft too. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER HE IS ENGAGED. STOP RIGHT NOW.

Stage Jang-Mi had different plans though, she started to lean in and so did Kyung. Oh dear writer please don't do this no! Stage Jang-Mi could feel Kyung's breathing on her face, her heart was practically in her ears they were so close. She closed her eyes, her heart racing miles away, his face came closer their lips a few centimeters away. Well if I have to kiss someone in this book I'm glad he is handsome like Kyung. No me no! He is engaged.

"Uhm Unnie.." Her and Kyung flew apart to see Lily standing at their gate, OH SWEET JESUS THANK YOU LILY MY ANGEL! Stage Jang-Mi pushes her behind her ears and looked at Kyung who was scratching his neck.

"Thanks again Kyung-ah for the help" she turned and grabbed Lily's hand and ran inside the yard. She only stopped when they were in the house, she grabbed her chest.

Click

The writer almost made her kiss Baek Kyung. Her friend. Her cousins best friend. HER FRIEND'S FIANCÉE. Jang-Mi hit her head repeatedly.

"Idiot idiot idiot!" He was engaged.

"Ya, it wasn't like you had a choice it was the writers doing" she looked up and saw Ara smiling at her before walking to the lounge.

Sure it was the writers doing,but the feelings that Shadow Jang-Mi was developing wasn't the writers doing, and she couldn't help but feel guilty for having them.