Chapter Twenty Two

Jang-Mi stood with Danoh,Dohwa and Haru by the pond, Danoh had just told them she saw a piece of the storyline.

"Wait so you can see bits and pieces of the storyline before it happens? Why am I only finding out about this now?" Jang-Mi asked Danoh shocked at this revelation.

"You're always on stage or at gym. It actually happens a lot I saw a stage on camp as well with Kyung looking for me in the forest" Jang-Mi blushed at the mention of the forest and placed her head down.

"Back to the matter at hand. This is harsh! The protagonists officially announcing they're a couple? Where does that leave me? I help Juda become Namju's girlfriend and he takes the credit? It's Obvious I guess. Things could be worse I might end up falling for Stage Jang-Mi ew" Dohwa complained and tried to lighten the mood. Jang-Mi lightly shoved the boy feeling bad for her friend and giggled softly.

"I'll help you"
"I'm in too. You deserve to be happy Dohwa." Jang-Mi held her friend's hand and smiled at him.

"You both know that everything will go as the writer wants in the end" Dohwa replied.

"We should at least give it a try" Danoh said trying to change Dohwa's mind.

"How can I..." Dohwa started off he turned to look at Haru who was sitting quietly, leading both Jang-Mi and Danoh to look at the boy. Danoh and Dohwa stared at him with hope in their eyes.

"Wait am I missing something here?" Jang-Mi questioned.

After Danoh and Haru left to go to class,Dohwa and Jang-Mi stayed by the pond the boy threw stones and sighed.

"Do you sometimes wish you didn't have your ego?" He asked the girl sitting on the rock. Jang-Mi kept quiet for a while and sighed.

"No, because you'd be sitting here alone and I wouldn't have all the amazing memories I have with my sisters or with you" she smiled at Dohwa,the boy smiled back at her.

"Park Jang-Mi you're a selfless person do you know that? You're always putting others before you,sometimes I want to just shake some sense into you but other times I wish I was half as kind as you" he stood up and offered her his hand which she took.

The two walked up to the school together laughing at everything around them. She held Dohwa's arm and told him about Lily's sudden interest in black magic.

"She told her maths teacher she has a voodoo doll of her that she drowns every night. You should've seen Ara's face!" Jang-Mi told the boy about the younger girl's recent antics, Dohwa burst into laughter. They walked into the main hall laughing.

Sagak

"Dohwa I need a favor from you?" Wow we trapped ourselves.great we are in stage! Dohwa smiled at the girl in-front of him.

"Anything for you Princess, besides we are practically family now" he ruffled Jang-Mi's hair.

"Can you be my partner to Namju's party? I kind of told Kyung I had a partner and I don't want to look like an idiot going alone, pleassseee" she begged putting her hands under her chin.

"Well I'm playing the violin as per Namju's Mother's request but sure. As long as Kyung doesn't get upset with me." She hugged the boy.

"Aigoo you're the best Dohwa!"

Click

"Ha I hope you heard that. I'm the best!" Dohwa said as he started to dance like 2ne1. Jang-Mi rolled her eyes at him.

"Why am I not surprised that you two are together?" They turned and saw an annoyed looking Kyung staring at them.

"Ah Baek Kyung we were just talking about you weren't we Jang-Mi" Dohwa smirked at the girl who's eyes widened at the boy's response.

"I - uh-we were talking about your earring. Yes, you see Dohwa really likes it and wants one himself and I'm going to leave you two to talk while I go to class"  She rushed past Kyung avoiding eye contact. She walked towards the class leaving the boys behind her,Kyung walked towards Dohwa and they watched her.

"Aigoo Jang-Mi is so awkward around you, she must like you a lot, to bad you won't remember this in the next scene" Dohwa patted the boy's shoulder and walked off.

Jang-Mi walked into the class and saw Danoh and Haru holding hands and the class slightly messy.

"What the fuck happened in here?"

Sagak

"Oh Baek Kyung is coming!"
"He looks great in blue"

Stage Jang-Mi turned and saw Kyung walk onto the tennis court, she blushed a little the airheads weren't wrong he did look good in blue. How can I Park Jang-Mi find a tennis player attractive?! What is wrong with me! She watched the other boy serve terrible and cringed for him. Poor Haru! Stupid Kyung. Haru Hwaiting! Baek Kyung served and the boy missed the ball, Jang-Mi looked at him sadly.

Click

She moved to Danoh and watched Haru.

"My money is on Haru, I bet you a chocolate milk he beats Kyung" Jang-Mi turned and looked at Eun Danoh,Who smiled at her friend.

"You're On" They shook hands and turned to watch the game. Haru best Kyung and Jang-Mi stood up and screamed.

"HA I KNEW IT!" Causing everyone to stare at her, she laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of her neck. "I knew that tennis was a boring sport haha" she looked at Danoh who was smiling at her and decided to leave. I am my own worst nightmare not even the writer.

Kyung and Dohwa were in the A3 hang out, Kyung threw a tennis ball against the wall and Dohwa stood by the keyboard.

"Ya can you stop that?" He asked kyung who continued to throw the ball, eventually Lee Dohwa caught the ball and that broke Kyung's trance.

"Somethings bothering me?"

"What? Is it Danoh? Look be nice to her she's really sick." Kyung didn't answer him so Dohwa pressed on. "Is it Jang-Mi? I see how you two look at each other on and off stage, you better not hurt her she's gone through enough pain already." Dohwa said seriously.

Baek Kyung threw his tennis ball and walked out the hang out. Dohwa followed him and grabbed him.

"Kyung don't you think you're going to far? I'm number two I shouldn't be looked down on by number 3! Even in the shadow" Dohwa complained.

Jang-Mi sat in class reading Paper towns by John Green.

"Kyung the PE teacher said we should fill in substitute players just in case" she turned and saw the class president speaking to kyung. She turned back to the book and smiled at the highlighted quote.

A paper town for a paper girl.

The book was pulled away from here, she turned and saw Kyung flipping through the book.

"You highlight your books why?" He asked still holding onto her book.

"It's phrases that stick with me that's why. Now give me back" she tried to grab her book back

"I think I'm going to hold onto it for a bit, you already read it before" he walked out the class with her book. Jang-Mi sulked and slumped into her chair.

"Stupid Handsome Kyung."

A/N
Lee Dohwa deserves better!😭❤️
I'm mad tired but I stayed up to rewrite multiple chapters because as of Monday I have to start studying 😔💔so I want to have chapters ready to post for you guys.
I hope everyone is safe and keeping healthy!!❤️
Lots of love
Sana_is_shyshy☀️🐿