Birthday Delay - Ricochet

You wake up and roll over to realize that once again you are waking up alone. Your husband Ricochet has been on tour for 2 weeks now and every morning that you wake up without him by your side makes you miss him even more. While you were sighing at the empty bed, your phone starts to ring. "Happy birthday baby girl!!!! I love you so so so much!" You smile hearing Ricochet yelling through the phone, "Thank you babe, I love you more!" "That's not possible love! I miss you so much, the guys had to drag me out of the locker room last night because I kept reading our texts over and over. Every time I look at my phone, your smiling face pops up and I just wish it was your actual face so I could kiss the crap out of it." You giggle lightly sighing, "I miss you too handsome, but you're living your dream so you should enjoy it." Even though you miss him terribly, you would hate to be the reason that he misses out on touring which makes him happier than you could ever imagine making him yourself. "I know, but I just miss you so damn much. 2 more weeks is too much I'm not sure if I can wait that long."

You suddenly hear a knock at your front door, "Hey babe, someone is knocking at the door, just hang on a second." You set the phone down on your nightstand and run to the front door opening it to see a UPS man standing there with a clipboard. "Are you Y/N?" You nod still getting butterflies every time you hear that name and he hands the clipboard over and you sign it before he hands over a small box. You thank him and set the box down before running back to grab the phone. "I'm back now babe!" "Who was it?" "Just a UPS guy dropping off some box." "Well go open it!" You grab the box and put your phone on speaker as you open the box. Once you get through the packaging, you find a teddy bear holding a mini teddy bear that's holding a heart that says I love you. "Awe is this from you babe? It's so cute!" "Yeah, I'm glad you like it. But don't worry that's not the only thing I got for you, the rest I will give you the next time I see you." "Babe, you didn't have to get me anything. Just knowing that you love me is a good enough present." "I'm pretty sure you'll like this present though babe so don't worry." "Okay well I've got to get ready for work so I'll talk to you when I get done." "Okay sounds good I love you baby girl." "I love you too handsome." You hang up and start to get ready for your full day at work...on your birthday.

The whole day you are trying to keep a smile on your face but just remembering that you won't see him for another 2 months makes your mood drop. Your day drags on until you finally get to go home and relax. Walking in the front door, you could have sworn that you smell Ricochet's cologne but quickly shrug it off when you remember he's on tour. You pull your phone out as you kick your shoes off and throw your purse onto the dining table. You call Ricochet and lay down on the couch to finally relax after your long day of work. "Hey baby, how was work?" "Horrible, I just wish you were here to cuddle. I miss your cuddles so much." "I am a pretty fantastic cuddler aren't I?" You giggle, "Okay Mr. Conceited. How's practice going?" "We actually had to cancel tonight's match because Bobby sprained something so I'm just hanging out with Aleister." "Oh well I hope he is okay." "Yeah he'll be fine just needs to rest. So what are you doing babe?" "Just laying on the couch I'm so tired from work." "Maybe you should go outside and get some fresh air. I know that usually helps you relieve stress." "Yeah I guess so."

You get up and walk outside to see 2 stuffed monkeys, 1 larger than the other. "Babe? Did you get me monkeys?" You say laughing. "That's not all. Turn around baby girl." You heard his voice through the phone but you also heard in right behind you. You whip around and gasp jumping into his waiting arms. You cry into his shoulder as he rubs your back and kisses your shoulder heading up to your neck until he finally meets your lips. You kiss him with more passion than you ever thought was possible. "How? What? Where?" "Breathe, baby girl. I told the Triple H that I needed the match postponed because I honestly wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I didn't get to see you on your birthday. He understood and we have rescheduled the match already. Our next show isn't for a few days so I'm here until then but I'm going to make the most of the next couple days. I love you so damn much baby." He kisses you again and you wipe your tears quickly, "but you love performing, why did you come visit me when you could have be doing the thing you love the most?" "Oh don't worry baby, tonight I will be doing the thing that I love the most." He winks and you blush before kissing him again. Even after all these years, he still makes you blush and get butterflies just as much as he did the night he pulled you up on stage.

He carries you inside and sits down on the couch with you still on his lap. "Y/N, I have something that I want to ask you." "Okay babe, what is it?" "Okay so we agreed that we both wanted children right?" You nod slowly. "Well what do you say we try to have one now? I mean we don't have to but I'm just so excited to be able to hold onto a baby that we made together. You know? Like it's a part of both of us and..." you cut him off with a kiss. "I would love to have a baby with you babe." "Really?" You nod quickly and he picks you up walking to the bedroom. "Where are we going?" "To make a baby obviously!" You giggle as he throws you onto the bed and makes love to you until you start to fall asleep. You're laying with your head on his chest about to fall asleep when you hear him whisper, "Happy birthday babygirl. I love you." He kisses your forehead and you fall asleep with a smile on your face.