{Twenty-eight}

*6 weeks later*

ZACH

I have gotten weaker and weaker everyday. I haven't eaten. I haven't had any blood for 6 weeks. I've been beaten by my father 3 times a day for 6 weeks. But sometimes it gets too far that he could almost send me to the hospital.

I was starting to desiccate on my arms so I hide them with my sleeves of my hoodies that I wear every single day.

I was at school. My hood up and my sleeves covering my arms.

I was at my locker and I saw my hand. It was desiccating.

I covered it when I saw Eben walking over. I shut my locker and put my hands in the pocket on my hoodie.

I looked at him. "Babe. It's getting worse. You need to get out of there" "I can't. My father will find me and hurt me more"

"Then I'll just have to kill him" "You can't kill a vampire"

"I'll rip his heart out"

"Babe don't"

"Babe. I have to"

"No you don't"

"Yes I do. If something is putting my boyfriend in danger. I have to do something about it"

I sighed and looked down. We went to class.

*time skip*

I started to feel weak in the middle of class.

"Zach. You alright?" Jack asked. Daniel looked at me. Everyone in class looked at me.

"I'm fine"

I walked to the bathroom and lifted my sleeve. The desiccation has taken over my arm and is now going over my torso.

I put my sleeve down and went to class.

I sat down and we continued class.

*few days later*

I was in class when I felt more and more weak. "Zach. Zach. Zach!" I heard Jack. I looked at him.

"Zach you look terrible. What is happening to you?" Daniel asked.

The teacher walked over and pulled a chair next to me and looked at me.

"Is everything alright Zach?" I shook my head yes.

Daniel looked down at my hands and grabbed my sleeves.

I pushed him and put my hands in my pockets.

"Are you cutting?" Jack asked. "No" I said. "Then what's your problem? Why can't we see what's under your sleeves?" Daniel asked.

"It's nothing ok. I'm fine"

"If there was something wrong. You would tell us right?" The teacher asked. I shook my head yes.