The Beginnings Pt 1

Yawning, I walked into my advanced Biology class as my teacher spoke," Hello Ash." Sighing," Good Morning, Mrs. Hearth." She smiled as my closest friend, Dante, walked in and sat down next to me and smiled," Morning Mrs. Hearth." She waved her hand," Well, my prized Juniors, how do you think you did on your Cellular test yesterday?" Dante grinned," Pretty well," he nudged me," How do you think you did Ash?" Shrugging," No idea that, and I don't care." Mrs. Hearth sighed," You don't care what you get, do you? Yet you have the highest grade in the class." Shaking my head," That's not true." Dante groaned," You and your modesty." Sarcastically I replied," It's so much fun being too smart in the area of study."

The bell rang, signaling the beginning of the passing period. Opening my backpack, I began to rummage around in the bag, pulling out my sketchbook and Prismacolor pencils. Flipping through the book, I found my newest art piece. I began to outline it with a black pen as I heard Dante whistle," Damn, I knew you were in AP art, but I didn't know you were this good!" Smirking," Thanks for the compliment." The bell rang again, signaling the start of class with the rest of my classmates coming in.

Mrs. Hearth spoke," I would like to inform you that everyone in this class passed the test yesterday with grades from the low seventies to the hundreds. Now for the highest scores, in fifth place Angle with eighty-eight percent. Fourth place Crane with a score of ninety percent. Third Place Dante with ninety-three percent out of a hundred. Second place Ren with a score of ninety-five out of a hundred. In the first place, as usual, Ash with a score of a hundred three with the bonus question answered correctly." Some of my classmates glared at them as I ignored their angered faces as I continued to work on my drawing, still outlining it carefully with Mrs. Hearth speaking again," Today we will begin with the Evolution Unit. This project will be a group project if you desire or not. You are allowed to create a drawing, slideshow, or any other imagery you would like for this project if you would like." Raising my hand as I looked up from the drawing, I asked," What era do we focus on if we need to focus on a specific time? Could it be from the prehistoric Eras?" She shook her head no," No, you can focus on anything you want to Dinosaurs, Mammal like reptiles. You must, however, provide adequate information on the animal you selected. Things you must include are the Phylum, Clade, Order, suborder, Superfamily, Family, Subfamily, and Genus. You must consist of what era it's from and any interesting facts. The name needs to be included in your information. The project will start today and end on March twentieth. You may go get in your groups and get started."

I put my art supplies in my bag, getting my laptop, earphones, and notebook. Getting up after I grabbed my supplies, I walked over to the lab table. I usually worked at plugging in my earphones to my computer playing a piano tracklist before opening my notebook, thinking carefully about what prehistoric animal I wanted to choose. Thinking for several minutes, I finally searched up Allosaurus Fragilis. Jostling down notes quickly, I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Looking up, I saw the biggest jerk in the class as a sigh escaped my lips before taking my left earphones out," Yes, Devan." Devan has a smug grin on his face as I closed my laptop. Wholly annoyed with him distracting me," Do you need something?" Devan still with that smug grin on his face," Can you-" cutting him off," No way do it yourself." He glared at me as I made a shooting motion," Go on, leave me alone." He stormed off as I reopened my laptop, continuing to Jostle down notes,' Allosaurus Fragilis Length eight to thirteen meters in length or twenty-eight/twenty-nine feet and up to forty feet in length. Weight at fully grown is two tons or four thousand pounds. It is the older cousin of the Carcharodontosaurus Saharicus. The Allosaurus was the apex predator of the Jurassic period and is a part of the Superfamily Allosauridae. Discovered in 1877 by a paleontologist named Othniel Charles Marsh. Relatives of Allosaurus include Carcharodontosaurus, the second biggest dinosaur at fourteen meters or forty-six feet, and from the Late Cretaceous Period. Two of the relatives from the same time the Jurassic include Saurophaganax Maximus, the largest of them reaching the size of Tyrannosaurus Rex or twelve meters or forty to forty-two feet long. The second relative is Creosaurus. Prey items for allosaurus include Stegosaurus, Camptosaurus, Dryosaurus, Camarasaurus, and Diplodocus.' Satisfied with my notes for the day I grabbed my stuff packing up and getting ready to go to my next class. Art class, my last class of the day.