The New Generation

That spring

    Looking down at our nest the six eggs laid in a circular formation. Nuzzling my mate's head she groaned," Go away and get some food?" Sighing," Alright fine." Heaving my massive body up I moved out of the cave looking back briefly,' I guess laying eggs does take a lot of energy out of her.' 

     Moving down the same route we have been using for almost six years now. Sighing I noticed that the herbivores were more or less back from the migration. Watching with narrowed eyes I noticed a young Alamosaurus at a distance from a herd. Moving towards my chosen prey I stalked forward. Other smaller herbivores bolted but the young sauropod was too engrossed with eating.

Slowly moving into striking distance, taking a single extra step alerted the young sauropod of my presence, but it was too late. Tearing from my spot my jaws closed around the base of the neck of the herbivore. The ground shook as our gigantic forms clashed. Eventually my might and power won out as I grabbed the neck of the large sauropod closer to the head as I eventually forced the young alamosaurus up the side of a rocky, pebbly hill. One misplaced step on the young alamosaurus's part was all it took for it to come crashing down. Before the young herbivore could react and I quickly snapped its neck. Dragging it closer towards the entrance of the path up to the nest.Having my fill and moving back up towards the nest as I nudged Emeralds head," Go on food is at the bottom I will watch the eggs." She nodded," Alright thanks." I smiled," No problem, now go eat." She moved away." Hearing scratches at the back of the cave I sighed spotting an oviraptor running towards my eggs. The moment it took a step over my tail I flicked it upwards sending the small six foot long animal into the air and into the cave above. Bones cracked as the small creature hit both the top and bottom of the den.

Shaking my head in annoyance I simply curled up tighter around the eggs as Eme came back in and took notice of the still dying oviraptor and looked sharply at me," Do I want to know what happened?" Shrugging," Dumbass oviraptor. Tried to go eggs, flipped my tail up and the little bastard was sent flying and back down dying. You can eat him if you want cause they are way too bony." Shivering at the memory of the indigestion those bony little bastards gave me.

Ren's voice came from the entrance,"Yo Ash Emerald you wanna go hunting!"  Grumbling," Moron didn't she see the giant alamosaurus right outside." Ren growled as her twelve meter body crossed in front of us. Dante came in as his eleven meter body stood next to Ren, his mate. He took note of the eggs and one word came out of his mouth," Oh." Ren looked at me," When did you guys actually mate." Deadpanned," No shit Ren yes we mated four and a half months ago in other words these little minions are gonna hatch soon." Emerald growled," If you didn't notice the Alamo-what. You are blind as fuck." Correcting her,"Alamosaurus." She glared at me as Dante made a stupid face like he just realized. Ocean's soft voice came from the front of the cave,"Anyone home?" Ren called back," Yeah they are here get Rose in here."

Rose and Ocean laid down next to Ren and Dante as I commented still in my spot around the eggs,"It's been sometime since we have all been together. Last time I believe was during that hunting." Ocean nodded," That is true you almost got sacked in the head by an ankylosaurus." Glaring at him," Shut up no need to remind me about that." They all laughed as Dante snickered," Didn't an oviraptor piss on you once."  My silver eyes bore holes in his head as I hissed," If I recall correctly I literally sent it flying with my tail sending it far. After I ate the damned thing and it gave me indigestion for a month." Dante chuckled," That was funny." My tail swung around slamming into his nose as he yelped,"Ow!" Snickering," Payback is a major bitch."

    Ren chuckled," You deserve that." Dante pouted," But you're supposed to be on my side." Grinning," Thanks Ren." She smirked," No problem." Ocean snickered as I decided to get back at him,"Ocean are you gonna tell Rose you ate that camptosaurus and blamed it on a scavenger." He would have turned chalk white if he was human still. Grinning," So Rose, what are you gonna do to poor Ocean here." Rose growled," Ocean you are dead." Rose began to beat the shit out of Ocean with her tail.

    Crane's voice came into the cave," You guys are having a party without me, not cool." Emerald happily yelled," Crane." Crane waddled over as she chirped," Congrats when are they due!" Sighing," Within the next day or so." She grinned,"Have you thought of names?" Shrugging," Yeah I have a couple names I like in Japanese. One means truth, it's gender neutral, the other is male." Crane hissed," Well spill it?" Sighing,"Kaen means blaze or flame. Rai means truth or lightning." Emerald grinned," Not bad names, I like Yuki, Sapphire, or Speckles." Deadpanned," Did you get that from that movie we watched about Speckles the Tarbosaurus?" She grinned," Yep." Sighing," Murder me please." Ren chuckled," Sorry we rather watch you suffer." Snorting softly," Damn you guys." All of them laughed as Ocean finally recovered from the beating he received from his mate.

     Rose threw in a few suggestions,"Just a couple of suggestions. Name them after your parents." Nodding my head," Not a bad idea. Thanks Rose." She chuckled," No problem."

    The eggs started to rock slightly as all of us turned attention towards them. Finally one hatched and the other hatched in rapid succession. The first one that hatched was red, orange, and yellow like flames. Smirking,"Well his name is Kaen." Emerald looked at a Sapphire blue one." She chuckled," Sapphire." Looking at one male and female as I named them after my parents," Conner and Emily." All my friends smiled remembering my parents. Emerald grinned,"  Dan and Sophia." Smiling," The new generation of our family lives through them."

A/N Done with Chapter 22 Vote, Comment, and Enjoy. This chapter was very difficult to correct.