Migration Pt I

Chapter 15:

Six months later; Season fall; First Migration

I moved through the forest of my new territory, with my friends next to me. With the season changing the temperature was beginning to drop as I had a key advantage over them, I knew they would have to migrate. Emerald, Rose, Dante, Ren, and Crane stuck with me when Crane wasn't flying off."

Ren was laying down next to Dante after messing around. I was currently in the shade of a tree resting easily as a slight wind blew. Getting up I looked to the south where I smelled the scent of fear and prey as I hissed," Prepare. They are coming." I moved forward waiting in the slight leafy trees as Dante hissed in excitement," The hunt is beginning." Crane was flying overhead alone heading back towards us as she was returning with the herd of herbivores. Rose was a little farther ahead with a hiss. I moved forward and noticed large herbivores in the distance as I called to Ren," Ren get ready there are long necks and you are at a good size to at least take them. However I want a Stegosaurus so I am more than capable of handling one. Don't worry Emerald." I growled as they were closing in. The first ones moved into the falling leaves forest.

I watched the herds of ceratopsians, members of the stegosaurus family, Sauropods, and countless others. A warning was called as I had enough of waiting and with a snarl I lunged forward as both Dante and Ren stood in front of the herd as they all stepped back nervously until I spotted my target, a 9 meter( 30 ft) long adult Stegosaurus. The moment all the armored angled there bodies I showed myself moving through them with a hiss my hook shaped claws moving in anticipation.

Smelling the fear as I made my way through them as a Kentrosaurus came at me. With a loud growl I slammed my tail into its skull with the force of a sledge hammer as the sound of the skull breaking sounded before I continued making my way towards the stegosaurus. It roared at me as I snorted circling as I watched the meter long ( 3 ft) thagomizer warily. My jaw parted as I lunged forward closing my jaw around the neck as screams of terror sounded. I struggled to bring down the herbivore. Forgetting to take in When a sudden blow caught me off guard, then the pain came in as I was sent rolling. Panting slightly I lunged forward this time going with the slash and wait technique ripping into its side with both my jaws and sharp claws causing massive damage into its side. Limping away into the forest I laid there panting as I looked at my side seeing two massive puncture wounds when I noticed another stegosaurus with blood on the tail spikes.

The two wounds were probably traveling extremely fast as whenever I moved my hip or leg blood gushed out as I followed the Stegosaurus I fatally injured. The Stegosaurus eventually collapsed as I limped over and proceeded to devour the four ton(8000 lbs) herbivore. Soon having my fill I moved off and limped back to the safe place where we all meet up usually. I was laying down as they all came back as Ren chuckled," What was that about being more than capable enough to handle a stegosaurus." Glaring at Ren as I hissed," When I am healed I am gonna show you why you will be dead." The young Tyrannosaurus that is my old friend widened in slight fear.

Now panting from blood loss as Emerald looked at me," What caused these injuries." Weakened from blood loss I replied," A thagomizer of a stegosaurus." Rose shook her head," I remember you telling us the damage those can cause, Emerald how bad is it." Emerald shook her head," One punctured through the top of the vertebrate the other punctured into his leg bone neither are fatal. Thankfully." Dante growled," So when he will be able to walk again." Glaring at them I hissed," We can't stay here you know with winter coming soon we have to move as well or just stay in ambush here. The cold will weaken me horribly, Emerald can you at least close the scales so I don't lose any more blood?" Emerald nodded," That is all that allows my power to do now." She glowed a soft green aura as I felt the open wounds closed as I winced," Good at least I can move without major fear of blood loss. Shall we get going." They all nodded as Crane landed nearby as she looked at me with a critical gaze as I matched it with my own," I am fine Crane. With my wound closed up I can move a bit easier."

With that we began our own journey as I lagged a bit behind from the punctured bones in my hip and tail vertebrate. My eyes blazed with anger at the stegosaurus who whacked me in the side. I was gonna kill the damned stegosaur. Emerald kept pace with me as we followed the herbivores at a steady pace well behind them. The amount of leaves falling as we moved decreased as we were roughly two miles ( 10560 feet) behind. Some small warnings were called as I snarled seeing the stegosaurus that injured me moving as though it was taunting me.

Controlling myself I stayed with them as Dante growled softly as Crane was flying far overhead as Rose looked at me," Which one gave you those injuries." Hissing," The one stegosaur that has blood on its spikes in the back. He. Is. Mine." They all sighed in reluctance as when I put something in my head I would push myself to achieve my goal.

We noticed bodies dropping as we continued to march for another eight miles(42240 ft). We began to feast as we slowly moved through the few carcasses in this area. That gave the migrating herbivores some time to move farther ahead. With a slight hiss we closed the distance to about two miles again quickly as night fell. We easily could see with our better night vision as I looked at them and shook my head with a light hiss," Lets not they will be on guard even if we do have the advantage." This is a matter of patience and I want the fight to be fair. I will kill that stegosaur."

A/N Done with Chapter 15 so enjoy vote, comment, and recommend please this will be in two or three parts so yeah