The Beginnings Pt II

Emerald, who was in the car with me, spoke softly," Are you alright?" Snapping," Am I alright my parents just got in a car crash yesterday!" She held her hands up, and I noticed with the peripheral vision in my right eye," Sorry." I pinched my nose," No, I am sorry. I shouldn't have snapped. You  have always been there for me since we were kids." Emerald chuckled," Well, we did make that promise." Chuckling in return," Your right, we made that promise ten and a half years ago now."  We pulled up to the hospital as I parked my car in front of the Hospital as we walked in.

   Standing in front of the reception desk, waiting for the receptionist to walk over. The older woman finally walked over and spoke," You are?" Calmly replying," My name is Ash Huntsmen. I am here to see my parents who were brought here yesterday afternoon. I would like to know what room they are in." She nodded," Ah, yes, you called yesterday they are in  A-one zero four and A-one zero two. That is the second floor. " Sighing," Thank you." She smiled," Your welcome." Both of us jogged to the elevator before pressing the button to the second floor.

  Hopping out of the elevator, we made it to the first room as I opened it. I felt tears in my eyes as I looked at my mom, who had a bandage on her left shoulder and a cast on her left arm as well. Walking over carefully, I touched her right arm as her eyes opened a bit as she murmured, " Ash." Choking back a sob," Mom." She touched my face as Emerald walked over, placing a hand on my shoulder,"Hello Laurel." My mother smiled weakly,"Hello Emerald keeping him out of trouble." Emerald chuckled,"Actually since he leaves early I can't." My mother nodded sleepily as she closed her eyes, falling back to sleep." Placing a light kiss on her forehead.

   We then walked out of her room both Emerald and I made our way to my father's hospital room. Opening the door I saw a bandage around my dad's head with an ice pack on his head. I took note he ahead a bandage around his neck with gauze on it. He had a broken leg and an arm as I gently touched his hand as his eyes shot awake as he looked at me speaking in a raspy voice," Hey kiddo." I felt more tears appear in my eyes," Hey dad." I smiled as Emerald spoke," Hey Scott." He grinned seeing Emerald," Hey Eme. Thanks for coming with him. You know his temper." Emerald laughed," That is true." Protesting," Hey! Not cool!" They both laughed as Emerald grinned," It's true and you know it." Sighing," Fine you win. Also dad you need to rest I will see you when you get home in two months. Also I got my results from VASE yesterday. One is moving to state the other is going to nationals. The one for this year is moving to the States level and both received high scores." He grinned,"Congrats after this is over we are going on a celebratory dinner. Did you tell your mom?" I chuckled," No because you know how happy she would be." He chuckled before coughing as I stood up," Goodbye dad see ya later." He nodded as we both walked out of my dad's room. We stood in the elevator as Emerald walked to me giving me a hug," Well let's get to school." Laughing with tears going down the side of my face," Yes we should."

    Waving bye to the receptionist we walked to my car. Getting into the car we immediately drove to the school. Parking it while I sighed," Again thanks for always being there for me Eme." She grinned," No problem that's what best friends are for." I grinned," Well let's get you to Art." She nodded as we jogged to the class as Mr. Kenneth rose an eyebrow,"I thought you weren't coming today Ash?" Glaring," How would you know I called the school?" He grinned," Your name was marked absent. It should have said Excused Absence. Well see ya later. I am going to go to track now."

   Walkingto the track and field court as Coach Bradly," Did you just come here to run?" Shrugging," Kinda or just to talk to one of my favorite teachers." Coach Bradly grinned," Want to run." Smirking,"Well I have only this class today so sure why not. How many miles?" He chuckled," Let's start with three miles."Grinning," What's the score again?" He sighed," Five to two you." One of the other coaches, Coach Foxson came out as he chuckled," Racing agin, oh Ash do you mind showing what the champion of dodgeball can do after your run." Nodding," Sure." Coach Foxson spoke,"I will referee." We both nodded walking over to the starting line, taking our positions Coach Foxson continued,"Ready. Set. Go!" We took off from the starting line. Coach Bradly was ahead of me pushing my legs harder I caught up to him. By the time we finished two miles he was panting heavily and started to lag behind. Making it to the obstacle course as it was part of the race for both of us.