Migration Pt III

Two hours later

We moved several miles behind them as I looked at the fern trees around us standing tall. With a low snarl we peeled off from all the herbivores as the trees parted revealing several more herds of other dinosaurs moved in. My eyes widened seeing four gorgonopsids four meter long predators from the Permian Period. Shaking my head in surprise Dante asked," So what are those?" I replied," Gorgonopsids. Apex predators of the Permian period." A roar sounded as I recognized it from postosuchus, a 4 meter(13 ft) long apex predator of the Triassic Period. Continuing to listen to the sounds I took note of there being a herd of Placerias. I snorted as the largest ambush predator of the Triassic period lumbered through the forest. I knew all of these were former humans as well though I didn't know how they react as we have the same instincts as the animals we are." With a slight snarl we moved through the trees separating from the herds of herbivores as I moved through the entire forest waiting and watching.

Moving through the forest we soon found a cave as I spoke," Let's go in there and rest from the long journey." Rose nodded," Alright I will go signal to Crane where we are at." I nodded," Alright now I need to rest my injuries, the bones will take quite some time to fully heal." They nodded as I moved into the back of the cave closing my eyes resting.

Dante spoke up after a bit," Are you going to be alright if we leave the cave." With my eyes still shut I replied," Yeah I will be fine don't worry about me." 'Maybe I will be fine.' Hearing them leave I sensed a presence right outside the cave as I heard hisses of anticipation. Looking up I noticed the alpha raptor from last night as I spoke," Yes alpha raptor." He stalked forward," Why are you with others not from your kind?" I chuckled," Because we were friends when we were humans. I assume you are here to get vengeance for the comrades we killed." He nodded lunging at me as he jumped at me. I shot up my jaw closing around his chest as his bones snapped and broke like twigs. Flicking my strong skull and head he was sent into the cave wall when I released him. He was on the ground wheezing as he died. I snorted in disgust before laying back down and resting.

I felt Ren nudge me as I opened my eyes," Yes Ren." She sighed," Why the hell is there a raptor body here." I groaned," He attacked and I killed him and that was it." She glared at me as I shrugged," Oops." Crane's voice came from the entrance of the cave," The supposed leader of this entire area orders all carnivores and herbivores to meet in the central valley." Standing up I winced as I moved through the cave as we all moved into the central valley.

I snorted seeing the supposed leader, a Yangchuanosaurus. I noticed Dante, Emerald, and Rose standing in the shadows waiting for me. Crane was taking her place in a tree nearby with other flyers. The Yangchuanosaurus looked over all of us and I could tell he was a skilled leader as he spoke with a slight Russian accent," Welcome to the migration of the other continent. We welcome you newcomers to your new home until winter when we will travel back to the next continent with you for when our winter comes. I would like to know who is the leader of the carnivores and herbivores." I moved forward as the Yangchuanosaurus took note of my slight limp as the ones who were with us at that containment place nodded in complete agreement. Jacob snarled," He is not the leader." Snorting," Moron." Moving through the crowd with a limp as an argentinosaurus moved forward as well. The Yangchuanosaurus moved down and stepped in front of us," What are your names?" Speaking up first," Ash." The argentinosaurus spoke next," Rain." The Yangchuanosaurus nodded," My name is Alexander but please call me Alex." I looked at both of them," Nice to meet you Alex and Rain. Though I must ask if Rain is your real name." The large female argentinosaurus nodded," Yes it was, why do you ask Ash." Shaking my head," I was just curious, sorry for the question. Now if you don't mind I need to go rest and heal from punctured bones." Alex narrowed his eyes," So currently you are not fit to be leader." Glaring at the slightly larger carnivore," Care to repeat that. Just cause I am injured doesn't mean I am fit to be a leader." A tense air spread as I glared with such intensity he stepped back as I snarled," Really your saying that I am injured I will not be a good leader." Circling him as he kept an eye carefully trained on me as I stopped in my original spot," Do not push my buttons, some advice as it could end up biting you in the ass. Also Jacob you're still naive just because you are a T.rex now doesn't mean you are the king. I am sure you remember my friend Ren. She is also a T.rex. So sit down and let the grown ups talk. Also Alex this conversation is over.

With that I started limping back to the cave and heard Alex roar in anger as I felt heavy footsteps charge after me. Snorting in slight amusement I stopped as I felt him at the end of my tail. Slamming my tail into his head after I winded up quickly he was sent rolling with a yelp of pain. Moving over to him lightly Placing just one of my claw foot on his neck with enough force so he couldn't get up," You really think I didn't expect that. You're a fool. Try that again and I will kill you." To prove my point I put more weight onto the foot that was holding him down. He began to wheeze as he eventually nodded while I stood up and walked away back to the cave.

The moment I walked into my spot I curled up and fell asleep.

A/N Done with Chapter 17 enjoy the next chapter there will be a 3 to four month time skip. At long last his revenge on the stegosaur will happen. Tell then Vote, Comment, Recommend, and as always enjoy. Well see ya next time on The New King or The Wyvern Slave book. Also two Chapters for this book in about a week, not bad at all.