Four years later- Beginning of extinction.

Chapter 13:

Four Years later

Over the last four years both Emerald and myself have grown to about mid sized carnivore size. Each of us reached over twenty five feet long (7 meters) and weighed in at a ton and a half. Our control over our abilities have grown stronger as well. Sadly the rules have also changed to the point where we have chained and muzzled. The security protocol began about two years ago when a couple of the newbies back then shot out of the cell unaffected by the shock collar attacking all the guards and other scientists. Since then the new management here deemed us to be extremely dangerous and wild now.

Currently laying under the tree as the enclosure door opened as the caretakers came in with a set of guards. Standing up my blazing silver eyes gleamed from the shadows as I released a bright golden aura, illuminating the darkness around me their eyes widened as I loomed out of the darkness the minute it became dark again. They took a step back as my chains clanked as I moved out into the open. Emerald did the same with a low hiss. A slight green aura of healing surrounded her as I concentrated on the shackles with a powerful energy burst snapping it and disintegrating it. Stalking forward with a low growl, circling as they shivered as a guard smirk," Well it seems you are doing well. Nimbs." One of the caretakers gapped at me. Continuing I scouted for weak points as one of the caretakers gapped," You know him." The guard smirked," I do yes after all I helped transport him here when he was known as Ash Huntsman then Forest, Yin, last but not least Nimbs. I also played with him and dear Hope here when they were hatchlings. I know for a fact he isn't dangerous unless you give him an opening or piss him off to that degree. Which is why he was circling us. Hope is not much and no offense to her, a strategic thinker and strikes quickly and without warning." Narrowing my silver eyes as Hope(Emerald) growled laying down watching. She growled as I looked at her and hissed," Enough Eme." He smirked," Well of course dear Nimbs in the alpha here. Though Nimbs do you know why we are here."

Cocking my head to the side I waited for him to speak. He smirked," Simple we are getting those chains off of both of you. For once the new management has used their brain knowing Hope and yourself have done nothing wrong. Though we don't really need to worry about your chains as they already disintegrated. They also said you have been well behaved." I continued circling as I let Damien go as I trusted him and not the others. They all watched me making sure not to leave any weak points. I stopped for a moment looking back at Damien unclipping the chains and muzzles with practiced ease. The only male caretaker looked at me," You probably don't remember me Ash but it's me Devan from our Junior AP Biology class." Looking at Devan I narrowed my gaze to the point of danger, stepping back seeing no sign of him lying. Stepping back still slightly surprised to see a classmate of sorts.

With a snarl I walked over to the pond as my splayed claws did not sink in the sand on the bank of the small lake. Gulping down large amounts of water before I spun around stalking back to Devan and Daiman. Devan sighed," Honestly I was jealous of your intelligence when it came to Biology. I don't think I ever actually saw you pay attention. You were either drawing or reading. I am going to guess that you already did the class Sophomore year. I know you can't answer me but just nod your head if I am right. Did you or did you not." Simply shaking my large head a no he sighed," Either that or you read the textbook or something like that." That time I nodded my head a yes." He sighed," I give up, well it looks like our time is at an end now."

They left immediately after that as Emerald growled," I am surprised you didn't rip his head off Ash." I looked at my oldest and longest time friend," I sensed no lies from him so yeah. If he gives me an opening then I will strike." The food lift finally rose indicating it was dinner time. Both of us looked at our prey. Both of us had a large buffalo that mooed in fear when seeing their two large predators and soon to be killers. Sighing softly, standing up with Eme next to me as she let out a low hiss. Moving forward first I slowly stepped forward my claw tipped hands flicked in and out in anticipation. My three clawed foot scraped small trenches into the dirt, using the small trenches to my advantage shooting forward. Propelling myself forward at startling speeds, the buffalo didn't stand a chance in hell. My powerful jaw closed around its neck. Swinging my powerful neck I slammed the buffalo head first into the ground. The sound of the neck snapping was all too evident as the buffalo mooed its last and died. Musing to myself,' Well I really have no need to use the slash and wait technique of my carcharodontosaurus genes. Though I will have to test that breathing out one day. And that attack as well oh well this isn't some video game I will try next time I am hunting.' Looking at Eme as she proceeded to dig into her food. Following suit I finished the entire buffalo with my maw covered in its blood.

The moment we finished eating the alarms blared as our door opened. Sputtering to Eme,"What the fuck just happened?" She shrugged as we both looked out the door seeing collars popping off. A Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, Rose to my surprise ran past, Raptors of all kinds, and so many different predators and herbivores moved past. Looking on the side of the wall I noticed a caretakers skin was turning black as he coughed out blood as a giant earthquake struck. Our eyes widened as we both joined the stampede. My speed and breathing genes easily pushed me faster than most. The moment I was standing outside on the mountain I last stood on four and a half years prior I spun around as I growled," Alright everyone step back." A Tyrannosaurus growled," Why should we listen to you?" I glared," Because I am not selfish."

I released a golden sphere around me as I used it to keep the top part of the mountain from caving in. Beginning to pant from the toll as the last few slow moving Herbivores and a Postosuchus move past me. They all said thank you in gratitude. Dropping the aura the mountain crumbled as I spoke a question that was probably on everyone's mind," What the fuck is going on. First the damned door opens allowing us to escape. A human was leaning across from us and his skin turned black as night with blood coming out of all the human pores. Seconds later a fucken earthquake rattled the ground. What the hell caused the earthquake."We got my question answered as another ground shaking earthquake happened when I finally noticed a large conical shape that I was very familiar with. It probably rose one thousand five hundred twenty four meters high(5000 feet tall). Hissing," For now we have to get away from that super volcano." Sensing no disagreement among everyone we all moved away. Releasing a massive golden aura around everyone to protect everyone as I growled," Flyers you move at your own pace in the sky all I ask is that you watch for the long necks. Just meet up with us once we are all safe from this danger. Then we can go our own ways." Getting wordless nods of understanding we began our first steps into the second age of the reign of the dinosaurs.

A/N Done with Chapter 13 I would like to thank ElijahCole11 for helping me out for the human extinction that took place so Thanks again Eli. Chapter 14 I have no idea when it will be out as I am busy with school and it takes about five days to write a chapter out. Please Vote, Comment, and Recommend it would mean a lot to me.