The fight for the Crown pt I

five and a half later

Laying down with Emerald we both rested in the sun as our oldest by several seconds, Kaen laid next to me being much more reserved and patient then his siblings. Sapphire who was by far the most hyper was wrestling with the other four. Conner, Emily, Dan, and Sophia were all wrestling as Kaen groaned," Father can you get them to calm down please?" Sighing," Fine, Conner, Emily, Dan, Sophia, and Sapphire please calm down. Time to calm down." They all grumbled as I laid my head back down, opening my mouth. A small pterosaur landed in front and began to pick at the old pieces of meat.

Hearing Kaen sigh in relief as he curled back up falling asleep when Crane landed nearby and Sapphire cheered," Auntie Crane." Opening my eyes," Hey Crane." Emerald muttered a hello as well before standing up. Looking up at her," Where are you going?" She looked at me," Going hunting with Rose, Ren, and Crane." Shrugging," See ya I will watch the hyper ones with Kaen here." Kaen nodded," We will mom go on." Emerald looked at Kaen," Are you telling me what to do little one?" Our son shrugged," Guess I am. I am saying that cause you take forever, mother. Also I am half your size now not so little anymore." Emerald looked at him sharply," Fine."

Looking at Kaen I chuckled," Well done." Kaen looked at me," Thanks father." Sapphire and the other ones climbed all over me as Sapphire was gnawing on my nose as I looked at her," Really Sapp." She squeaked as she rolled off of my snout as I gently laid my head on her as she struggled to get up from me.

Looking at all of them I marveled how big all of them have gotten. Kaen was reaching seven meters(23 ft) in length and weighing two tons(4000 lbs). Sapphire was five and a half meters long(18 ft) and weighed close to the same but around four hundred pounds less. Conner and Emily were both bigger than Sapphire at about six meters long (21 ft)and weighing close to two and a half tons(5000 lbs). Dan and Sophia were the smallest at four and a half meters long (14.7 ft) but the heaviest at three tons(6000 lbs). Kaen was mostly a Carcharodontosaurus and Albertosaurus. Sapphire was an Albertosaurus with some saurophaganax in her. Conner and Emily had Allosaurus and a bit of carcharodontosaurus. Dan and Sophia were a mix of the three. In terms of hunting Kaen clearly has the upper hand with his speed. The others were mostly ambush predators. Though Sapphire was good for short distance sprinting.

Looking at my youngsters," Well you guys wanna go hunting." Conner, Dan, and Sophia perked up," Yayy!" Kaen grumbled," Father what did you drag both Emily and myself into." Grinning," No worries." He stood up next to me on the ridge of our den and with a critical gaze," So what are we going for. Sauropods are a bit out of the question for us. Well except for you father. That leaves hadrosaurs as our only option." Looking at my eldest by several seconds," Not bad but you and Emily are probably the only ones smart enough to handle a stegosaurus." He gave me a pretty good impression of his mothers glare as a response," No thank you." Sapphire and the others yelled," HEY!" Looking at them," That's exactly what I mean the rest of you are too impulsive. I made that mistake eleven years ago or so. Well actually it's not because I was impulsive. Well never mind lets go."

Emily and Kaen moved next to me as Sapphire and the others moved off into the sides as I stood back and watched as Sophia accidentally stumbled over an ankylosaurus. Since I was nearby I moved over and stood in front of Sophia with a hiss. The much smaller ankylosaurus roared at me as I spared a glance at Sophia," Go continue the hunt." She nodded," Alright." Facing off against the smaller herbivore I spoke," My daughter didn't mean to trip over you so just leave. Or I could turn you into my prey." The ankylosaurus being as dumb as a rock growled," No you can't. I am too heavy for you." Snorting," Well sadly for you I out weigh you and have more weapons. Plus for the most part you are blind along with several other weaknesses I know how to exploit.

The Ankylosaurus took a defensive position as I circled the ankylosaur to tell I was able to run on top of the much smaller herbivore. The Ankylosaurus was now flat under my weight. The Ankylosaurus was panicking trying to hit me with its clubbed tail but thanks to his segmented back he wasn't flexible enough. Grabbing the bottom of the neck with my long fish hook claws I slashed the throat causing blood to spill out of it. I heard Kaen speak from behind me," Father we took down the prey." Nodding," Alright bring the other prey item here." Kaen nodded and left his footsteps fading.

They soon returned with the prone body of a prone maiasaurus. Sophia and Dan were the ones dragging it. Looking at them," Quick lesson and no Kaen and Emily you cannot answer. How do you make sure an ankylosaurus can't hit you with its club?" Sophia took a shot," I assume getting onto its back." Nodding," Correct." I went back to gorging myself with the ankylosaurus soon finishing it. Kaen and Emily had their fill as they already went back. Dan and Sophia followed suit a few minutes after as I watched Conner and Sapphire finishing their part. Watching as they followed their siblings. A loud roar from Alex who was still alive and kicking calling everyone to the meeting area. Snorting as Conner spoke," Father are you going?" Sighing," Yeah tell Kaen and Emily they are in charge." Conner left heading back up to the den as I moved towards the meeting place.

Within minutes of arriving at the grounds I roared silencing everyone. Jacob shivered as he once tried to kill one of my kids but survived with three deep lacerations as I hissed," Well Alexander what do you want?" Stalking forward looking down at him as he had glee dancing in his eyes," Bow down Ash." Coldly," I seem to recall that you are not in charge of me or my family." My 18 meter body was intimidating enough but when my silver eyes bore into you it scared the crap out of them. The ground shook with each step I took until I was right in front of him looming above him like an imposing mountain," Well Alex what did you want to say?" He stepped back with a hiss," I am informing you that I was chosen to be the king of the dinosaurs." Laughing," Yeah no, and who chose you, the ones who were changed over twelve years ago at your place with you. That is a fraction of all the dinosaurs from around the world. There was the place I came from and many others, you have no power here." He growled," Fine let's fight for the crown of the dinosaurs. All the others who think they should be the king can join in a fight to the death." Calmly smirking," Fine then that's a perfect way to settle this. Herbivores are allowed in as well. Oh by the way Alex I will be gunning for you first." Walking back to the den I looked at my family," Well wish me luck."

They all nodded," Good luck dad." Kaen smirked," Have fun." Nodding," I will don't worry."

A/N Done with Chapter 23. Only a few chapters left tell The True King is done. Vote, Comment, and Recommend see you next time.