Chapter 1

Dylan's POV

I looked at the seating chart, found where I was supposed to sit, and walked towards my destination. I flipped my dark brown hair away from my face as I sat my backpack on the floor next to my desk. The classroom started buzzing with voices as more students came in and sat in their new seats. Some kid who looked just as I did looked at the board an awkwardly walked and sat next to me. "H-hey," the odd boy said. I nodded my head in his direction.
"I.. I'm Brandon," the bright blonde with similar fringe informed me.
"Dylan," I replied.
"Sorry if I'm being weird, I- I'm new at West Ridge this year."
"Hey, same here dude. I'm not the only one I guess."
"Haha.. Uh... yeah. It's weird moving schools for your senior year, isn't it?"
"You could say that again, but I had to. Family stuff, ya know?"
Brandon nodded and smiled slightly before turning his head to the front of the classroom. The bell rang and the other teens kept talking about their summers and who they had sex with; just the normal things kids these days talk about. About five minutes after the bell, a short plump lady I'm assuming was the teacher walked in. "Everyone in your seats, sorry I'm late. First meeting of the year! Now, I'm Mrs. Knuckleberry. This is Trigonometry... if you couldn't read. It seems this year we have two new students, so if y'all would come up front and introduce yourselfs, that'd be phenomenal."
Brandon and I turned to each other before standing up and walking to the front.
"I'm Brandon."
"I'm Dylan." We said in unison as the class snickered.
On our way back to our seats, some very busty girl who had tanned too much and put on an excessive amount of makeup winked at me. Ew.
After 90 minutes, the bell rang and I grabbed my stuff.
"What class do you have next, Dylan?" Brandon asked.
"English I think," I told him.
"Same here!"
"Awesome! After that?"
"P.E..."
"Ew!! I hate P.E. But I don't have that until fourth period."
"Ugh, I have Western History fourth period."
"Dude that sucks," I laughed as we walked into the classroom that was also busy with chattering students. Looking at the seating chart, I saw that my new acquaintance sat right next to me again. I smiled at that, at least I wouldn't have to talk to anyone else.