Chapter 2 - A Dark Temptation.

The next day started like any other. Once again, Saber began by lazily climbing out of bed and going to take a warm shower. As usual, he later left his room, glanced at his mother's portrait and went towards the kitchen.

He stood at the doorway and peered inside. Sherie was there again, wiping the countertop whilst happily humming a tune. Saber pouted because he was for once hoping to see his father, but he wasn't there.

"Sherie. Where's my dad?" He mumbled.

Sherie looked at Saber and sighed. "I don't know, your highness. I haven't seen him." She answered.

Saber groaned and went inside the kitchen, and sat himself on a chair. He felt a little frustrated since Sombra was always gone somewhere whenever Saber needed him.

The young prince asked the maid for some toast again. The pretty mare looked at him with a gentle smile.

"You sure you won't leave it this time too?" She wondered in a half joking manner. Saber chuckled.

"No, not going anywhere this time." He replied calmly.

Sherie nodded and made Saber's toast with chocolate spread, which was one of his favorites. He devoured it quickly and drank some chocolate milk with it.

After breakfast was over, Saber decided to do a little investigation and try to find Sombra. He wasn't in his office or the training room, so Saber wondered where else his father might be.

He passed a random guard who patrolled the castle corridors. It was a bulky stallion with a light gray coat and soft purple mane.

"Have you seen my dad?" Saber asked, not bothering to be polite. All he wanted was to speak to his father.

The guard stopped and bowed at Saber before responding. "If I'm right, he is at the barracks training the new soldier recruits, your highness." He informed

Saber groaned and then strolled off, feeling frustrated to hear the information. He knew well that when his father was at the barracks, he'd spend the entire day there, completely devoted to his job. There was no point even trying to speak to Sombra, because he was always incredibly focused and would get annoyed if there were interruptions.

The prince left the castle, figuring that he would spend another day wandering about again. He made sure to avoid the parks just in case the hooligans were there again, so he went the opposite way instead.

Past the shopping center and through the neighborhoods, Saber found himself in a place he rarely ventured. It was the part of the Empire that besides having the train station, it contained a few houses and one gift shop. He looked around curiously, realising how calmer and quieter it was there, in comparison to the busy and lively center of the Empire.

Making his way past the final structures of the Empire, he found himself heading towards the exit. It has been a long time since he left the Empire by himself, and he always felt excited to be able to make his own decisions.

A guard noticed Saber getting nearer to the edge, and approached the young prince nervously.

"Your highness. Are you sure you should be leaving the Empire by yourself?" He asked with concern, because he was aware that Sombra did not approve of his son leaving.

Saber looked to the side. The open space and wilderness of the outside was almost in his reach, and he yearned to feel its freedom. He looked at the guard confidently, and replied.

"Yeah." He said bluntly, and then left without another word. The guard sighed and watched the prince leave without question. He did not want to confront Saber about leaving, because he knew that Sombra was busy today and he wouldn't have been happy about being interrupted.