Chapter 11 - The Soul Temple.

Saber and The Dark Lord steadily traveled further down Southeast, now with their new companion, Stello. The two alicorns shared interests and experiences, whilst both being closely watched by the Dark Lord. The shadow gave the two ponies regular and thorough dark magic lessons, whilst also making sure that they stay on track. The lessons not only ensured the alicorns knew that field of magic well, but also allowed the corrupt God more control over their minds. They were unaware that every spell they cast strengthened his influence over them.

Just as the Dark Lord had said, they all soon reached the dragon lands. Pretty much all plant life was now gone, and boulders of all shapes and sizes now surrounded the trio.

Lava geysers and pools appeared everywhere, eggs laid near magma springs, and ferocious beasts surrounded the team. The two alicorns curiously watched the winged lizards from afar, admiring their mighty claws, fangs, scales and muscles.

Saber was visibly worried, shivering with fear and following behind his uncle. Stello on the other hoof couldn't wait to challenge a mighty beast like that, wanting to test the full of his magical capabilities. However the Dark Lord told both of the ponies to get through there as quickly as possible, not wanting to waste any time.

Naturally though, the dragons were very curious creatures. Displeased, the Dark Lord watched three of them approach the team, laughing and snickering to eachother.

"What've we got here??" One of the dragons exclaimed suddenly, in a deep, echoey voice. His scales were a deep burgundy color, along with dark grey horns and bright yellow eyes.

Saber shifted uncomfortably as another, somewhat smaller dragon stepped forward. He had purple scales and eyes, and ochre colored horns.

"Risby, have you ordered takeaway?" The purple dragon questioned jokingly, glancing at his burgundy friend. The burgundy dragon apparently named Risby shook his head.

"Nope, have you Enzo?" Risby wondered, looking over to the third dragon who had dark green colored scales, black horns and blue eyes.

"Nah, I bet it was you Ripto." Enzo snapped, looking at the purple dragon, apparently named Ripto.

"No, you dimwit! Nevermind... Let's see here, two pretty little ponies, hehe." Ripto chuckled, looking hungrily at Saber and Stello. The three dragons didn't even notice the Dark Lord's shadow lingering nearby.

Saber took a step back, but Stello spread his wings and prepared himself in battle position.

"Leave us alone. We're only traveling past." Stello announced confidently.

A moment of silence took over as the three dragons looked at Stello and then at eachother. They suddenly burst into a menacing laughter, completely disregarding Stello's warning.

"Bahahahaha! Teeny pony thinks he can tell us big boys what to do!" Enzo mocked, making Ripto and Risby laugh.

"I will get the taller one!" Snapped Ripto, suddenly launching himself towards Stello.

The elder alicorn quickly charged up a dark magic spell which hit Ripto, and it sent the purple dragon flying away with a painful yelp. Enzo and Risby looked angrily at the alicorn, and both started approaching him.

Risby pranced first, staggering Stello with his powerful stomp. The alicorn shook his head and fired a dark magic spell at Risby, but it was much weaker than before. The spell seemed to only have smacked Risby into his shoulder, but did not do any significant damage.

Saber and Enzo both watched that. Enzo seemed determined to help Risby kill Stello, and Saber knew he wanted to help his uncle. The young alicorn charged up a spell on his horn and fired it at Enzo, ripping his wing and sending him flying.