Chapter 7 - Innocence Lost Pt. 1

Sombra woke up the next day with a pounding headache and intense feeling of thirst. He turned himself around to lay on his back, squinting at the ceiling as he tried to figure out what happened last night.

All he remembered was having fun with Targe and Sherie in the small room, but nothing after that. The King shrugged and simply assumed that he just went sleep later on, however an unsettling feeling caused his subconsciousness to doubt that.

The King grunted as he lifted his muscular body from the bed, and first headed for a hot shower. It helped him feel more refreshed and awake. As usual, he then applied his armour back on and headed out of his room.

On his way to the kitchen, Sombra noticed that Caramel Pud was in one of the corridors, standing atop a small ladder and dusting the top of the painting frames. He silently approved the maids extra effort.

"Good morning, your majesty." She greeted the King warmly, looking around to face the King.

This caused Caramel to lose her balance, and the ladder wobbled as she suddenly started to fall. The mare screamed and Sombra caught her with his magic, and placed the maid gently on the floor.

"You should be a little more careful." He calmly suggested.

Caramel Pud blushed from embarrassment. She silently started to wish she had fallen anytime but not when the King was around. She sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, you're right, my King." She replied shortly.

Sombra gave her a small nod and then looked at the wall. "Which ones are done?" He asked.

Caramel quickly glanced at the paintings to remind herself of which ones she did. "Only the two here left." She said, pointing at two paintings just above her head.

"Hm. Okay just leave those two, I'd like breakfast please." He ordered kindly.

Caramel hastily nodded and picked herself up from the floor, straightening her brilliant orange mane. Her coat was a bright yellow and she had bright brown eyes.

"Yes, what would you like, your majesty?" Caramel wondered, as she started following the King into the kitchen.

"Anything will do. I do not feel exactly great right now." He admitted, sitting his flank at the table.

Caramel Pud nodded started to prepare scrambled eggs with toast and a coffee for the King. Sombra silently wished Sherie was there instead of Caramel, because he'd be able to ask her about what happened yesterday. He looked behind him at the rota that was displayed on the wall. It showed that Sherie was ought to start her shift later that day, after Caramel.

Sombra took a few minutes to plan out his schedule for the day as he idly looked out of the window. The sun was already up in the sky which meant that he overslept his usual wake up time, at dawn.

Caramel placed the Kings breakfast in front of him and bowed. "Is there anything else you would like, your Majesty?" She wondered.

Sombra shook his head gently. "No that is all, thank you." He replied.

Hearing this, Caramel left the kitchen and made her way through the castle, in attempt to find something to clean or take care of. Meanwhile Sombra ate his breakfast and thought about yesterday.

He vaguely remembered Targe getting quite drunk, so he decided that the first thing to do was pay a friendly visit to his captain.

ⵔ--------ⵔ

Many miles away, Saber and the Dark Lord started their day by continuing their journey. Saber mostly went by hoof instead of flying, ever since he admitted to the Dark Lord that he felt safer being closer. The Dark Lord reluctantly agreed, but in reality he was pleased to hear that the colt was starting to grow fond of the God. It meant to him that he did a good job manipulating Saber.