Chapter Nine - Regina George

"Oh my god."

I had been protesting against him for probably a literal hour, but he just wasn't letting up. Tanner was serious when he said he wanted to take me to buy clothes and shoes and - I quote - anything I pleased. I know the normal person would be really excited about this, but I wasn't going to let myself succumb to being somebody's sugar baby.

I collapsed onto his couch dramatically, groaning for the millionth time. "No. You should've stolen my clothes when you stole me, because I don't care how much money you have. I'm not letting you pay for shit," I told him again, my voice muffled by the couch cushions.

"Then do you plan to wear those same clothes forever? They aren't even yours. If not, how would you pay for the clothes you expect to get? You don't have a phone or your wallet, remember?"

I'm ashamed to say he got my ass there, which pissed me off. I didn't even think about that. All I could really do was sit there in silence, until Tanner spoke up in a laughing tone, "That's exactly what I thought."

I heard his light footsteps grow louder as he walked towards me. Knowing I wasn't going to admit I was wrong and go with him - which I wasn't - he turned me over on the couch and placed his arms under my legs and upper back, lifting me up.

"No, don't take me away, ah," I protested sarcastically, throwing my head back and going completely limp in his arms, trying to make things difficult for him. He didn't even bat an eye, but I guess carrying unconscious - and possibly dead - people is a regular task for him.

He placed me onto my feet and unlocked his car, opening the door for me.

"You're annoying," I groaned as I climbed into his car, putting one foot up onto the seat and leaving the other stretched out below me.

"Oh well."

(I know this chapter is super short, but I'm uploading another one later today, so make sure to come back :). Also, please vote or comment, it helps my story a whole lot. THANK YOU FOR READING!)

(P.S - Do you guys get the reference in the title? :D)