Chapter Sixteen - Regret

It had only been about thirty minutes since Tanner had given (Y/N) away to Micheal. The second he had turned away from her gaze as she was driven away from him, anxiety and regret hit him like a truck. It was like getting a punch in the stomach, and the pain lingered. This was unlike any fear or worry he had ever felt before. By the time he reached home, (Y/N) was the only thing on his mind. No matter how hard he tried, she always seemed to crawl her way back into his thoughts.

What were they going to do to her?

Are they going to hurt her?

What if they've killed her already?

Why do I care?

Why...?

The piercing sound of the phone brought him out of his trance once again, and he picked up the phone, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"The girl escaped with another one of my toys. The bitches strangled two of my men. Find her and bring her to me, or it'll be your life instead of hers."

Tanner was left with his thoughts, which his brain scrambled to put together. Something in his mind clicked, and he sprang up from his seat, throwing open a drawer and grabbing a couple of syringes. He grabbed his lab coat from the couch and began to drape it over his shoulders as he walked down the stairs, stuffing the syringes that were in his hand into his pockets.

He reached his front door, hastily pulling it open to find what he was looking for standing right in front of him.

(Short chapter, I know. There will be an announcement posted right after this, so be sure to come back in like, two minutes :). Please vote and comment! THANK YOU FOR READING!)