Chapter Twenty-Four - Reunited

(Okay, just letting y'all know, my Instagram is (julia_wxxlia) if y'all wanted to follow me, which you probably won't haha. If you do though, don't mention my fanfics, my parents are already disappointed enough. Sorry for being gone for a bit, enjoy! <3)

Even though I'm not thinking about going back, I still kind of miss home. I miss Luna, really. I can't forget about the best friend I've had for years. So I decided to send some people to kidnap her again and bring her to me because that's what friends do!

"She's here."

I looked up to see Tanner standing in the doorway to my office, where I was absently spinning in my desk chair.

"Yes, finally!"

I jumped up from my chair and hurried all the way downstairs, Tanner following calmly behind me. I finally stopped after going down the second flight of stairs to the area under the cafe, and stood there, not knowing what to do. I had no idea what room she was in.

"I don't know where she is," I said dumbfounded, and Tanner just laughed at my childishness.

"They put her in the dark room."

"The dark room? Why would they do that? It's dark in there," I wondered as I began to walk in that direction. I gasped, "That means I can scare her though!"

I quickened my pace and reached the door in a few more seconds. I stood in front of the door and let all of my giggles out so I could put on the scary kidnapper act when I got in. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open enough for me to slip inside.

"Hello? Who's there?" Luna stuttered, and it took every ounce of energy in my body to not lose it right there.

"You don't need to know that yet," I spoke with a frown on my face, trying to sound intimidating, "For now, let me explain why you're here."

She remained silent, and I continued, "You're very far from home right now. Hours away, and-"

"Please just let me go! Why does this always happen to me..."

I stepped closer to her, and realized she was blindfolded and handcuffed to a chair.

"Whoa, what the fuck? I didn't give them permission to treat my girl like that!" I dropped the scary act and went to take off her blindfold. She flinched at my touch and asked, "(Y/N)?"

"Missed you!" I said moving on to her handcuffs after removing her blindfold.

As soon as she was completely free, she jumped up and immediately wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hard squeeze. I hugged her back as tight as I could, waiting for her to finish her endless string of "oh my god"s.

"Where have you been? You've been gone for almost a year! I was looking for you - everyone was!" Luna has her hands on my shoulders, and tears are brimming her eyes.

"By everyone, you mean...?"

"The police and me really..."

"That's why I chose not to come back. There was nothing for me back there, Luna. I'm sorry I didn't contact you sooner, but right now is the earliest I could manage. I had to see you, girl!" I explained, grabbing onto both of her hands.

"So, what happened, and what's going on now? Tell me everything. And I mean everything, Miss (L/N)." Luna said, giving me that "mom voice" she always used on me to tell me she was serious.

"I will, let's get out of here, and up to the cafe!"

"The cafe?" She could barely question me before I dragged her out of the room by her hand.

Once we exited the room and she made eye contact with Tanner, she freaked out, which I should've anticipated.

"You? Did you take her-"

"Luna! I'll explain, I'll explain! Let's just make it upstairs, please?" I panicked and continued dragging her away, feeling Tanner's eyes on my back as we went.

-

"You know that's basically Stockholm Syndrome, right?" Luna raised her eyebrow at me and took a sip of her drink.

"I like to think it doesn't count," I laughed nervously, taking a sip of my (F/D) as well.

"I probably shouldn't have told you all of this. If you disagree with what I'm doing, please don't tell anyone. Please, Luna. I can arrange for you to go back home and it will all be over, you know," I second-guessed myself, and Luna's eyes narrow.

"Okay, since you never seem to get the point when we have this conversation, I'm going to need you to listen, and listen well. Don't interrupt me."

I nodded, giving her my full attention, and she began, "(Y/N) (L/N), I would do anything for you. Anything. We've been together since I can remember, and this is the type of friendship that you can't get away from. If it's lasted since we were kids all the way up until now, there's no way I'd give it up. Even considering my job.

"You're like my little sister, and I love you to the ends of the universe and back. You're doing amazing right now (Y/N), no matter the situation you have been, or are in. You're running a cafe, along with being an assassin! Do you know how fucking badass that is? Did you really think I'd rat you out? I'm not 6ix9ine, bitch."

With that, her lecture was over, and I'm pretty sure my eyeballs were popping out of their sockets while I cried, trying not to laugh too loud and draw attention in the cafe.

(Good ol' Luna. OKAY, THE LEMON IS NEXT. Unfortunately, that will be the last chapter of this book. It may take a bit longer than usual to come out because I've never written any before. I will try my best. I love you all, follow my instagram (julia_wxxlia), vote, comment, and follow my account for updates on future stories! LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, and THANK YOU FOR READING!!!)