Chapter Twelve - The Girl

(H/C) - Hair Color

(H/L) - Hair Length

Tanner watched as (Y/N) slowly came into view. It was late, and the sun was retreating to its bed under the water. The moon was slowly becoming more and more visible, and the wind grew stronger as the sun's rays grew dimmer.

She walked to where the concrete ended, and sat at the very edge of the cliff, her legs dangling over the sand far below. Placing her hands in her lap, she gazed quietly at the sunset, while the man who held her hostage gazed intently at her.

Her skin glowed a golden yellow, and her (H/C) hair shone in the warm light. Small gusts of wind were flowing through the beach and over the waves, picking up her (H/L) locks and pushing them gently to her left.

His chocolate brown eyes were locked on her, and without knowing it, the boy was mesmerized by the girl in front of him.

He loved everything about her. Her eyes and hair, her laugh, which he rarely got to hear. The habit she had of biting her bottom lip when she was frustrated. Just her voice alone was music, and just making eye contact with her made him feel warm inside, no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

Tanner wasn't very fond of love. He had never really known what love was, and if he had, he didn't remember what it was like. He wasn't sure if he had really loved anyone before, especially not in a romantic way. He was often afraid his mind was too tainted to do so.

Just the thought of the way he felt around her confused him. He furrowed his brow, his eyes still fixed on the sight in front of him. He was disappointed that he didn't have the time to figure this out, since the girl would be leaving his grasp soon.

He was so deep in thought, he flinched at the loud, unpleasant sound of the phone ringing. He reached to his left and picked up the phone, bringing it to his ear, never taking his eyes off of (Y/N).

"So. When's it happening?"

"Tomorrow. The bar, like usual," Tanner answered, his voice devoid of emotion.

"Alright, pretty boy. Don't leave me hanging," the deep voice remarked, followed by a low chuckle.

"You touch her, and I'll be sure to kill you. Slowly."

"Whatever you say, Tanner."

(Something is gonna happen soon. Something big ;). Also, this is my favorite song right now, and I kinda wanted to write a chapter based on it before things start getting heavy. Please vote and comment on the story, it really helps! THANK YOU FOR READING!!)

(P.S - SO sorry, yesterday wattpad wouldn't let me post my chapter?? It was having problems saving and publishing and I kept getting error messages ;(. So, sorry I didn't post yesterday. Here's two chapters today! There may not be a chapter tomorrow because that's when I'm driving home. I love y'all!