Chapter Eighteen - What Now?

It was just like the first time. He was even in his special lab coat.

I was placed down on the bathroom counter, still pouting. He crouched down under me and reached into the cabinets under the sink, bringing out a first aid kit. He placed it next to me on the granite, and spoke, "How did you get hurt?"

"While I was fighting with this other guy, his idiot friend came over and started kicking me. Aaron saved me though," I explained. For some reason, I found I was unable to look him in the eyes.

"Aaron?"

"She was another girl who was in the room. We escaped together, and I told her to go get help," I answered him, wondering if Aaron was safe. We had saved each other's lives. I wish we had the time to become friends.

He nodded, then demanded awkwardly, "Let me see."

I lifted up my shirt on the right side, revealing the biggest bruise I think I've ever had. It couldn't be just a bruise, it hurt like all hell! Tanner furrowed his brow as he stared at my side. It was a lot darker than my skin tone, and it had a purple tint in the middle. It covered the area from my hip to the middle of my side. It could've been worse I guess.

While I was just staring at it, Tanner brushed his fingers against my side, barely touching me.

"It's just a bruise. It's quite bad though. All you need is bandages and ice, really," he mumbled to himself and to me at the same time.

I sat still and allowed him to wrap the bandages around my stomach. He wrapped them tightly so it would help the healing process, but not tight enough to cause me too much discomfort.

His face, when he's concentrating, is extremely handsome. I'm not even going to bother scolding myself for thinking that, because it's not going to help the fact that I find him attractive. But that still doesn't change the fact that he deserves a foot up his ass. On second thought, I shouldn't have forgiven him so easily. But something in me caved in, and I couldn't help it. I just knew he felt guilty. I saw it in his eyes, and heard it in his tone of voice.

While I was lost in my thoughts, Tanner had put the first aid kit away, and was now holding out his hand to me. I took it, and he helped me down from the counter, walking me downstairs and into the kitchen.

I immediately went for another two apples while he reached into the freezer, pulling out one of those big ice pack thingies. The ones filled with water that you can just freeze yourself? I'm used to using a bag of frozen vegetables or just anything cold from the freezer that I could find. I gave it a funny look before realizing what was being held out to me, and I took it. I collapsed on the couch, quickly regretting it, sitting up and whining in pain.

As I sat there, I thought about everything that has happened during just these few days.

Had a cool sleepover with Luna - while it lasted - and then the house got broken into, we got kidnapped - well, I did - got taken here, then betrayed by him, blah, blah, blah.

The question is, what the hell is going to happen to me now?

(I have writer's block and no energy :(. Sorry this chapter took so long to come out. Things are gonna start getting interesting from now on, I promise. By the way, it's so awkward for me to write this book because I have pretty bad social anxiety, and I don't do very well in social situations, haha. Please vote and comment on the story! Follow my profile for updates on OBSESSED and future X readers! THANK YOU READING!)