Chapter Fourteen - Helpless

"You've got nowhere else to go, just come the fuck out, girl," Micheal said angrily, finally grabbing hold of my hair.

I had been dodging his grip by scrambling throughout the jeep, and he only grew angrier at me every time I was able to escape his grasp. He had finally caught me, and yanked me towards him, grabbing hold of my arm so tight my eyes started to water. Once we entered the building, he switched to grabbing my shoulder so hard that I couldn't help but let the tears spill.

As I was being shoved through what looked like a strip club, I began to think of Tanner. He would always grab my shoulders and lead me places like this, but he was so gentle with me. I always wondered why. Now I know it was all just an act to make me more comfortable before he basically sold me away. I'm disappointed to say that I fell for it too.

I was led up a set of stairs and through a door, where I was pushed with so much force I fell to the ground.

"Here's the pathetic bitch," growled Micheal, standing over me. "She's trouble," he mumbled angrily, walking out of the door we came from, still muttering curses that were probably directed towards me.

I picked myself up slowly, ignoring the tears that were streaming down my face, knowing I wouldn't be able to stop them. Once I had gotten to my feet, I was gripped for the millionth time by my arm and shoved down into a chair.

I looked up and began to study the room. The room was mostly empty, but there was an entire wall covered by file cabinets. In front of those cabinets were two men that looked like classic bodyguards - dressed in suits, bald, and wearing sunglasses. The room looked like it had neon lights built into the walls, just like the club below. The room glowed a bright red.

I finally looked straight ahead, locking eyes with who I assumed was Adam.

He was dressed in a white dress shirt, which was accompanied by a black tie. He had brown hair which was parted on the right, and his hair swept to the left across his forehead. His brown eyes were cold, and he held a serious look as he stared right into me. He straightened his back after a few moments of uncomfortable staring and spoke to me in a monotonous tone, "If you're wondering who I am or why you're here, I already have an answer for you. Don't waste my time by asking questions."

Then his eyes took on a look of mischief that didn't reach the rest of his face, "I am Adam. You were given to me as payment. Someone needed to pay off their debt and used you to do so. That's all you need to know for the time being," he answered, then pointed towards the door I had come in from.

"Take her downstairs and do whatever. Just don't hurt her too much," he said dismissively, rising from his seat and walking towards the wall of file cabinets, while the two men walked quickly towards me. Before I could scramble out of the metal chair completely, I was restrained by my already aching arms and dragged out of the room.

I struggled and kicked all the way down, screaming at the top of my lungs. No one even turned to look at me, not even the people who we walked straight past in the strip club.

By the time we had gotten down the stairs and into one of the private rooms, I was tired, tear-stained, and completely helpless. One of the men held me down while the other reached into a drawer, pulling out a pair of handcuffs. I knew there was nothing I could do, so I tried to catch my breath while I was handcuffed to the side of the bed.

"Don't move," one of the men said, and they both left the room. I brought my legs to my chest and leaned against the side of the bed, halfway wishing I was on the bed and not on the floor beside it.

My mind wandered back to Tanner for the millionth time. What did I expect? Why would I think he cared even the slightest bit? There are millions of girls he could've picked, and he happened to stumble across me.

I rested my hands on top of my cuffed wrists and cried even harder than I had been before. My head shot up when the door opened and closed once again, and the two men stepped into the room, but this time with another girl, who was dressed in lingerie that covered almost nothing.

I know what is about to happen to me, and I'm not going to let it happen.