What they give you of theirs and why (characters)

Uhtred:
His father's Thor's Hammer necklace. He gave it to you because he knows you will keep it safe and cherish it the way he has all these years.

Finan:
His mother's ring. He gave it to you out of pure love and because he knew his mother would like you very much if she could meet you.

Sihtric:
His dagger. You are brilliant- well, deadly with a dagger and they are always your weapon of choice. He gave you his as a gift, seeing as you use it more than him.

Osferth:
His mother's cross. It's all he had to give you but wanted you to have it as it was special to him and he knew that you would look after it well.

Ragnar:
His favourite ring. He gave it to you as a symbol of engagement to him and of his love. You were not a Dane so you did not have many things for their traditional wedding but he prayed to the Gods that they would see your love as enough to marry you in their eyes.

Cnut:
He is the Leader if the camp and he can give you anything you want- clothes, silver, jewellery. But the thing you cherish most the he gives you is genuine love. When he gives you little proud smiles and soft, comforting kisses in private are the things you love most. He seems tough and mean most of the time so, when he is alone with you, he lets his caring side take over because he would never want to hurt you.

Aethelflead:
She gave you an estate and a title. She tried to help both you and the soldiers you command by giving you land where you can make sure they are all fed and well. She knows you will do anything to support your men.

Edward:
He wrote you little love letters and poems and sends them to you often. He knows you adore poetry and music and so he loves to and you small, sentimental things like that.

Eadith:
She gave you a little golden hairbrush. It was one of only possessions and she had kept it safe since she was a child. She gifted it to you to show how much she trusted you with something so precious to her.