Alex- Imagine 1.0

"Hey, Y/N, come here for a second." Alex called me from the other room. I looked up from my laptop and quickly got up to make my way towards my boyfriend, who was in the back room going through boxes.
    "What's wrong, baby?" I asked him as I walked into the room, seeing him kneeling down next to a box. He looked up to me and smiled, motioning for me to come and sit next to him. Reluctantly, as I had a lot of emails to catch up on, I made my way to sit by him and he handed me a smaller box of things.
    "When I was moving the things from my place, I found this in the back room." He began, a smile on his face. "But I had no idea what it was."
     "What you mean is your parents made you take it when you moved out, you shoved it in your back room, forgot about it and then couldn't be bothered to check what it was when you were moving so you just threw it into your stuff and hoped for the best." I giggled at the face he pulled.
    "Maybe." He muttered. I rolled my eyes.
     "I know you, Alex." I placed a kiss to his cheek. "What is it anyway?" I asked, now intrigued by what it was. I took a closer look at what he was holding.
    "Is that-" I cut myself off, staring at my boyfriend, seeing his face turn into a happy smile.
"Yup," he laughed, examining the box in his hand, "it's my grandmother's engagement ring. I told you it was somewhere." He gave out a happy laugh before looking at me. "You didn't believe me, did you."
"Alex, don't be like that." I giggled, taking the box out of his hand. I opened it to see a beautiful ring: it had a thin, silver band and on it, a simple and small, shiny diamond at the front. "It's beautiful." I breathed, letting the light dance off the gem through the closed window.
"We've talked about getting married so, when we do, this ring is going to be yours." He smiled at me, pushing my hair behind my ear so he could see the side of my face. I was blushing and he kissed my cheek, which made me blush a deeper shade of pink.
"It's beautiful." I breathed, not knowing what else to say.
"Not a beautiful as you." He audibly smiled. I looked up to him and bit my lip, before handing the ring back to him. He closed the box and placed it back into the larger box that contained other various artifices like pictures and a books. He put the lid ack onto the larger box and turned back to give me a soft smile.
"I love you, Y/N." He took my hand and pulled me up to my feet with him, pulled my lips to his. It was slow and sweet and soft and was the perfect picture of our relationship, right in that moment.
"I love you too, Alexander."