Finan Imagine- 1.0

The evening was drawing to a close, and the dark of the night was falling quickly upon us. We had been travelling all day and we all tired and hungry, Finan more than anybody.
   As we approached a village, we all cheered with relief that we would have soft beds and good food for the first time in a while. Uhtred led the way, riding in through the gates and up the path, the rest of us following.
    As we passed by the locals, I could feel the eyes of men staring at me, their glances lasting too long to make me feel comfortable. I looked ahead to Uhtred, seeing him already dismounting his horse but, when I felt a hand wrap itself tightly around me from behind, I looked back to face my lover, who's horse I was sharing. I knew he was jealous- he was always jealous- but he was also protective and in a bad mood. That meant he was more on edge.
      "I have eyes only for you, Lord." I assured Finan, slipping my hand over his, that still lay around my waist.
     "It's not your eyes I'm worried about, darling." He mumbled.
   Inside the tavern was crowded and we struggled to fit around a small table, cramped into the corner by the fire. Sihtric had called for food and ale for the six of us and, almost as soon as it arrived, it was gone. A lot was drunk and even more eaten.  
    After a few hours, I noticed Finan had been awfully quiet and distant all evening. I knew he was tired but he was never quite like this. It concerned me.
    "My love," I slipped my hand over his, making him look at me. "What's wrong? You have been quiet since we arrive here." I gave him a soft look.
     "Men. They're staring at ya' like you're some kind'a thing." He said through gritted teeth. "I don't like it, Y/N."
     "Finan, my love, you have no need to worry. I love only you. No other man could ever compete with you." I tried to assure him. He probably would have been clam after that, however, a man, sat a few seats away, just then had to make a comment about me to his friends.
    "D'ya want t' say that a bit louder?" Finan raised his voice. The room went silent. "Go on," he stared into the man's soul, "I fucking dare you."
     "I said she must make a good whore because you seem to spoil her." The man, a small, fat fellow with a straggly and balding set of hair, snickered.
    Immediately, Finan stormed up to the man. He grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off the ground. The man was hurled down onto the table. Finan yelled with rage. He raised his fist and plunged it towards the man but it ended up hitting the table, his knuckles splitting wide open in a bloody mess. It took Sihtric and Uhtred to drag him off the man and carry him from the room, kicking and screaming deadly insults at the man.
    "Finan," I called after them, chasing down the three men, Osferth right behind me. The two Danes stopped and let go of the Irish man, dropping him close to a house, opposite to the tavern. I knelt at his side and pulled his hand away from his face, examining the mess it. He tried to rip his hand away from me, using it to hide the shame and guilt in his face.
     "Finan," I softly whispered, pushing a strand of hair from his face, "please, don't shut me out." I begged. He took a deep breath before quickly wiping his face with his palms, letting his eyes drift up to mine.
"I'm sorry." He finally said.
"It's okay. It's not you who is the wrong." I assured him. I softly placed my hand down on his arm and gave him a soft smile.
"I'm just- I'm scared that I'm gonna loose y'a." He admitted, timidly. I sighed, shaking my head. "You' are the daughter of a Lord and I'm a poor man with not even a home to give you. You can do so much better than me." I have him a shocked look. "I give you no reason to stay with me."
I glanced behind me to Uhtred, Sihtric and Osferth and dipped my head to the side. Quickly understanding me, the three hurried away, retuning to the ale house. Then I turned back to my lover.
"Finan," I drew his eyes to me, "why would you ever think that?" I questioned. He stayed silent. "Finan, I love you." I proclaimed. "I love you more than anything in the world and nothing- no money or titles or anything else- could ever make me stop loving you."
"But I can't give you what you deserve-"
"I don't deserve anything." I interrupted. "Your love is more than enough. It's all I want." I explained with a smile. "All I want to be is where you are, in whatever bed you sleep, at whatever table you eat. I don't care where, Finan. I just want your love."
"You swear that you'll never leave me?"
"I swear, Finan." He brought his hand up to my chin and ran his thumb over the skin, delicately. "You're my Irish man."