Ragnar- Imagine 1.2

I panicked. I scrambled around my room, throwing together the things I could into a small bag. I grabbed the furs from my bed and folded them over the bag that contained a flask of ale and some food I managed to steal from the dinner table. I looked around one more time before shoving the dress I had changed out of into the chest before I hurried down the corridor in the night.
    I made my way down the hidden, dark corridor, following the path of dead torches that led into the prison cells. I dropped the bag by the door before purging it open. I looked around for guards and, after seeing there were non around, I made my way over to Ragnar's cell.
   "Ragnar." I breathe out, seeing him sitting on the bed. His face lit up when he saw me but it soon turned into a look of concern. "Ragnar you must come, now."
   "What is it?" He asked, placing his hands to my shoulders.
    "You must come with me now. My- my father- I heard- he said-"
    "My love, just breath." He instructed. "Now what is wrong?"
   "My father said he was going to have you executed at dawn." I finally managed to get out. He gave me a soft look. "I won't let him execute you, Ragnar." I placed my hand to his cheek. "I can't." I breathed.
    "I will go on one condition," He began, looking me in the eyes, "that you come with me." My breath caught in my chest.
   "Ragnar, I-" I couldn't speak.
   "Please." He begged, taking my hands in his. "I can't live without you, Y/N. Please come with me." He gave me a begging look. "Please." His voice was broken. I ran my hand across his cheek and gave him a single look that he recognised. A smile appeared on his face.
    "This way." I grabbed his hand and dragged him in the direction of the secret tunnel. I shut the door to his cell- that will be a nice surprise for my father, I thought. I handed him the bag I had packed and together, we made our way along the passage.
   In the dark, there was a left turn in the passage that would lead out to courtyard. Still in the dark, I grabbed his hand tightly and led him down the left passage until we reached a grate in the wall.
    "How do you know your way round this place so well?" He asked, curiously.
    "Me and my brother used to play hide and seek when we were children and I used to use this tunnel to find the best places." I giggled. I heard his low, chesty chuckle behind me. I looked around outside to make sure the coast was clear before lifting the grate off the wall and letting it fall to the floor, landing with a thud.
   "Quiet." I instructed the man behind me as I jumped down onto the dark courtyard floor. I waited for him to follow, the bag still in hand, and he snuck around the corner with me towards the stables.
    "Where is your home?" I asked as I untied my horse. I mounted her and Ragnar followed suit, wrapping his hands around my waist to take the reigns.
    "About three days ride north." He explained. Snow covered the ground and the horse left footprints as we rode away, heading into the forest.
    "We really did not think this through." I said as my teeth chattered. It was freezing cold and snow was beginning to fall. Ragnar could tell I was cold as he wrapped an arm around me in an attempt to keep me warm.
   "When will they realise we are gone?" He asked.
    "Sunrise." I stared. He nodded and led the horse over towards a cave entrance. He jumped from the horse and helped me down, all while I was confused.
    "Sunrise isn't for a few hours yet and we are at least an hours ride from them so we have a head start." He smiled. He pulled the furs from the saddlebag and swiftly wrapped them around me, motioning for me to follow him into the cave. After making sure it was safe, he pulled me in close to his side as we sat against one of the walls, sheltering from the storm.
    "Is there no better way to keep warm?" I asked as I shivered against him, trying my best not to show I was cold but failing miserably. Ragnar pulled the furs tighter around me and turned his body on his side to shelter me fully behind him.
    "There is." He stated. "But I have more respect for you than that." He smiled, placing a soft kiss to my temple.
    "What's that?" I asked.
    "Humping." He shrugged. At the sight of me shivering, he pulled my small frame against him as tightly as he could and ran his arms p and down my body to try to make me warmer.
    "I don't have that much self respect." I said, raising my eyebrow slightly when he looked at me. He smirked and let out a deep chuckle.
     "Well I have more respect for you then. You are my woman now, Y/N, and I will treat you how I believe my woman should be treated- respectfully is one thing." He flashed me his blue eyes. "So," he smirked against my skin, "as much as I would love to rip that dress off you and hump you until you were begging me to stop, I think I shall wait until a more appropriate time." His words danced around my brain and made my face flush with a hot blush. This was not the first time certain thoughts about my Dane had left me flustered- many night I had lay awake with thoughts of him but this night was different, as he was laying next to me and could see the squirming -of something of a mix of desire, love, curiosity and embrassement- to try to find a comfortable place to lay in his arms.
     "I leave you blushing." He hummed against my head, wrapping his arm securely around my waist to hold me close to him.
     "You do, Ragnar. When I think of you, I often blush."
     "So you think of me- often." He laughed lightly, which made me blush more. "What do you think about, huh?" He asked. He waited for a moment but when I didn't reply, out of pure embarrassment, he smirked, audibly. "So they are dirty thoughts, then. My, my, Y/N, thinking about a Dane in such ways- what would your family think?" He teased me.
   For that, I pushed him over into his back and clambered on top of him, sitting over one of his legs and lower hip. I placed my hand on his chest.
    "If you ever want to hump me, Ragnar Ragnarson, I suggest you quit while you're ahead." I smirked this time.
    "Fate really did bring me the perfect woman." He pulled me to fall flush against him and captured my lips roughly in his.