Mark- Imagine 1.0

TW: if you're sensitive to mentions of self harming behaviours then this chapter may not be for you

"Hey, Beautiful." My boyfriend greeted me from behind, as he came into the room. I gave him a smile as I looked around before looking back outside the window. There was an audible sigh before the bed dipped next to me.
    "Talk to me." The Scottish accent said, sadly. I shrugged him off, just resting my head against his shoulder. "Please, Y/N, just tell me what's wrong or what you are feeling. I want to help."
    "I- I don't know how I'm feeling. I guess I'm just feeling everything at the same time." I explained, still not looking at him. He wrapped hair arm around my back and kissed my head, sweetly. "I'm sorry." I sighed, pushing my hair back. At that, Mark shook his head.
    "Darling, you have nothing to be sorry for, okay. Don't ever apologise to me." He pulled me into a hug and let me rest against him for a moment. "I just don't want you to feel like you can't talk to me because you can. I'm always gonna be here for you, Y/N."
   "I know I can, Mark, it's just I- I feel like," I paused, giving him an honest look, "I don't know. I guess that I don't want to give you my problems." I shrugged.
     "That's what I'm here for, Darling." He smiled. He moved from the bed a second and lay down, prompting me to do the same.
    "Give me your arm." He instructed, softly. He held out his hand and reluctantly I placed my wrist in it. Slowly, he began to trace the scars that lined my arm and placed kisses over the veins on my wrist.
    "How do you find them beautiful?" I asked before he could speak. I knew what he was going to say. He turned to face me and gave me a genuinely hurt look.
    "How could I not? I think you are perfect, exactly the way you are- every little scar and every little thing you don't like." He placed a soft kiss to my lips. "I love you, Y/N and that means loving the parts of you others- even you- don't."
    "I'm not that person anymore." I said though it was more to convince myself than him.
   "I know." Was all he said. He intertwined his fingers with mine and rested his head next to mine, letting silence take over.
    It was peaceful in the quiet room. There was no sound but our breathing and the hum of the world outside the window. It was the first time that day that I had felt love. Mark kissed my hand after a moment.
   "I do love you, you know." I whispered, out of the blue. He gave me a confused look. "I love you, despite the fact that sometime I don't show it and I know that I don't tell you enough but I do love you, Mark. More than I have ever loved anybody before."
    "I know, darling. I know. And I love you." He smiled against my cheek and rolled onto his side, draping his arm over my waist. "You make a nice pillow." He joked, moving his head to my shoulder.
    "And you're heavy." I commented, messing up his hair. He rolled back over and pulled me with him, making me end up on top of him. He just held me tightly and kissed me. I laughed.
   "There's that beautiful laugh." He smiled, running his finger over my cheek. "And that gorgeous smile." He looked me in the eyes before leaning closer to me. "And the soft lips on that beautiful face." He kissed me gently.
    "I love you." I breathed against his skin.