Where they propose to you (characters)

Uhtred:
He proposes to you while laying in bed. It was very casual.

Finan:
He proposed to you in the street after her came back from a fight. He wanted to immediately drag you to the church to say your vows.

Sihtric:
He proposed to you in bed, late at night. He just wanted you to be close and know how much he loves you.

Osferth:
He asks you, very suddenly and awkwardly, in your kitchen one day.

Ragnar:
He asked you in bed one day. It was among the flirtatious and quiet pillow talk you usually had with each other on the nights you would spend in his arms and you immediately said yes.

Cnut:
He asked you, after the first time of course, down by a river when you and him took his sons for a walk. He admitted his deeper feeling for you, ones that weren't just based on your physical features, and tried a slightly more romantic approach.

Brida:
She asked you to make a bet. Simple as.

Aethelflead:
You asked her while lying in bed, dreaming about what your lives would be like together.

Edward:
Him (being the prince and all) had to get permission from his father and their advisors and make a deal with your father but you would have said yes any day.

Eadith:
You, of course, can't get married. But you asked her any way, causally and almost non-meaningfully into a conversation.