chapter eight

y / n

I could feel my own breathing going uneven. His stare is giving me chills, and I'll love to feel that again. This feeling that I never felt before is amazing.

I licked my lips out of nervousness when he bite his lips. Gosh, how can someone be so attractive just by biting their lips.

Withdrawing from the staring competition, I move my attention to Jimin, who was talking about someone.

"I'm going with Jungkook to see what he's going to do with Mr. Choi," He says in a amusing tone. He's like the one who talks like a gossip girl but he's a man, very manly. But sometimes I wonder if he's actually is one.

"What did he do?" Yoongi asked annoyingly. He tapped something on his phone when he said that. I rarely use my phone because there's nothing in it, only phone calls and messages, even with that, I could survive without it.

Jimin snickered while rubbing his hands together, "I'll tell you guys later."

Jungkook sighed at his comment. It seems like he doesn't know either. Then how can Jimin know the reason before him? It doesn't make any sense.

While I was listening to their very weird conversation, since I forgot that they were mafias and I should be very scared of them, Jisung came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

I look up to see him smiling with crumbles of pancakes around his face. Placing my hand right beside his cheek, I wipe his dirty mouth with a napkin.

"You're still a kid." I laughed as he looks down in embarrassment.

Throwing the napkin afterwards, he still stood there, waiting for me to come back. I push my chair since I'm finished eating.

"Do you want to come play video games with me?" He asked me shyly yet sincerely. This was easier than I thought it would be. He's a teen and not a kid who needs to change diapers.

I nod, looking at Jungkook. Staring at me with his bored eyes. His body tense and arms on the table with visible veins. Then, he put a hand under his jaw and his finger covering the outline of his face.

Was he trying to hide himself from them? What is he trying to do?

Out of nowhere, he started smirking as he let out a silent chuckle. I licked my lips once again. I don't why he's smirking at, he's really making me flustered.

"We're going to play," I said. All of their heads turned to me. I think I'm speaking for the first time since we woke up.

They all nodded. "Alright, have fun," He said with a small smile.

When I walked up the stairs, I could feel someone staring at me. It felt so intense to be the center of attention.

It's probably Jungkook who's staring at me. It's like a new hobby for him. Yesterday's supper and today's breakfast was him staring at me while he ate. I don't know how long this will continue. I don't like that guy, even if we did like each other, which will never happen, I would never be his girlfriend.

The danger he'll put me through because of his job will ruin me and him. I can't let that happen.

Jisung opens his room door and let me in first. I thank him for his gentleman behaviour as he laughs, closing the door. He starts readying up his console and the controllers while I took the time to see his room.

It's the first time I enter his room. The walls were covered with posters and trophies, medals. There were so many jerseys of basketball.

Then, I sat beside Jisung who was connecting the second controller. He gives me another pair of earphones and they were so big for my head.

Also, there was so many drawers, I was too curious but I held myself back, I don't want to look at something that I shouldn't have looked at. He's like a teenager, it screams personal space.

"You can open it, it's all my Dad's drawings. Please keep it as a secret," Jisung whispered in my ear, as the sound of the game came in my ears.

I saw a file, a big one. I took it in my hands and open it delicately. Some papers just fell. This is a lot of drawings. I never thought that Jungkook drew before. If Jisung kept it, it means that his dad does have actual talent.

While I turn every drawn paper, one paper fell on the floor. This one caught my eye because it was scrambled and held with tape.

Putting down the file on the table, I took the paper and unscramble it around. I gasped at what I've seen.

A woman. A portrait of a woman. The details are so well done. The woman on the portrait is so beautiful, it was like she was a princess.

"That's my Mom. Dad loved to draw her when they were together. Then, when he found out that he kept those drawing, he tore them apart. I mean this drawing is a work of art, I didn't had the heart to throw it away," He said as his voice started to fade slowly. It must've been a lot to take when you're only a child.

"Why would you keep it?"

"Just to have a memory," He whispered, dropping the controller on his lap. "Dad took every family photos and cut her face. If you haven't noticed, there is one family portrait and her face his ripped apart, that was his favourite one."

I put my head on his shoulder as I stare at the drawing. Rubbing his hand in comfort, the door opened. I look back to see-

Jungkook... Wait, Jungkook?

Jisung quickly took the paper and put it under his bum. I almost laughed but then there's Jungkook who didn't had a happy face.

"What are you hiding?" He asked, stepping slowly towards him. The silence was starting to get intense, I couldn't bear this. Once Jungkook steps into a room, the mood changes completely.

"Nothing, I was scratching my bum." What a lame excuse to say to him. Obviously, he didn't believed that. He was now right in behind of Jisung, the kid was too scared to even turn his head back to his dad.

I gulped down my saliva when I see his eyes pierced through his soul. Jisung is annoying him, he sure has a short temper.

I wonder what Jisung is going to do

Before Jisung could turn around, Jungkook put his hand around his son's waist and lifting him up. He took the chance to snatch the drawing away from him.

"What the hell?"