Chapter 1: New Town

A/N: This is my first time writing something like this so I'm open to comments and suggestions :)

I breathe out a sigh as I feel the warmth of the sun creeping through the curtains and onto my face. Sitting up, I rub my eyes and get out of bed. After doing some stretches I slowly walked to the bathroom to freshen myself and hopefully get rid of the sleepy haze my mind is in. After taking a shower, I put on whatever my eyes first saw and try to fix my hair in the mirror. There wasn't much to do since it was short but I tried to pull down at what bangs I had to hide the scar cutting across my forehead near my hairline. Unsuccessful since my hair was too short, I just pulled the front up into little spikes.

Afterwards, I head to the kitchen consciously making an effort to walk slowly since it was still early. I live in a one-bedroom apartment so the kitchen really isn't that far from my room. I make myself some coffee and eat a bit of papaya then a piece of toast with some butter spread on it. The papaya is really just there to make myself think I'm eating healthy and to cancel out the other unhealthy stuff I do. Once I finish, I dump my dishes in the sink. I'll just wash them later along with whatever I use for dinner. I grab my bag from the couch and head out the door with my bike, which I usually just park in the hallway to the front door.

7:30. Just enough time to get to school and stop by the office. Maybe. I don't really know. I should've made a test run before today. But honestly, I just can't believe that I'm actually going back to school. Sure the fact that I'm in a new town where nobody knows about me or my past is comforting but... being around people and trying to behave? That's going to be a challenge. It's been a while since I cared about my actions.

7:45. Ok, I made it in time. I head to the office, which wasn't that hard to remember since I just walked to wherever seemed familiar. When I entered, the teachers gave me the same look they did when I first visited. A mix of sadness and worry. I know my aunt gave a gist of my situation: lost her family, took a few years off to deal with it, blablabla. But that wasn't why they looked worried. Oh no, hahaha. It's more of the fact that when I first visited I looked like an absolute problem child. The complete set. Cropped blue hair, extra ear piercings, a tattoo sleeve on my right arm, and to top it off a scowl on my face. Usually I just have a blank look but that particular morning my body decided to be a bitch and have my period.

"Good morning," I surprise the lady at the front desk by greeting her with a smile. I say my thanks as she hands me my schedule and a few last minute reminders. I decided that if I was going back to school, I might as well make it entertaining for myself -- whilst keeping a distance from people because I don't think I'm ready to be all intimate and whatever shit comes with that. It shouldn't be that hard. I'll just have to be annoying. I smirk to myself as I head out the office and towards my first class. The hallway was almost empty except for a few latecomers. I let out a sigh, braced myself for this new beginning and opened the door to my first class.

A/N:

First 3 chapters are out and in the next one Eli's definitely going to surprise people. Any first impressions? :)

Thanks for reading!