New Plans

"Look, Kathie, it's a duck!" I pointed my finger towards the small lake – where many beautiful ducks were floating on the water.

Kathie and I came to visit the park near Marcus's penthouse. Kathie is a joyous kid but, I have never seen her so happy. Since we came to the park – she has been giggling and squealing too much. Many people stopped by just to say hi to the beautiful girl in the stroller. She has been pointing out random things and babbling something to me about those.

"Come on, let me show you a duck!" I said and took her in my arms from the stroller. She circled her one arm around my neck while she stretched her other arm out and pointed her finger while the ducks were floating. "Yes, that's a duck. Say it – what is it? A duck." I said to her.

She laughed, "Duck!" she squealed and leaned in to get the duck.

I stepped back while holding her tightly in my arms, "Oh no baby, you can't have it." I laughed and kissed her cheek.

"Duck!" she yelled out causing few people to laugh that were standing around us. She has been gaining a lot of attention today.

We stood there for a couple of minutes while Kathie kept pointing out the duck and babbled something to them. After a few minutes her excitement died and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Are you tired, baby?" I asked her in a whisper and kissed her soft hair – she mumbled something which – I, of course, didn't get.

We have been rooming around in the park for almost two hours. First, we just walked around, then I made her sit in the swing and lightly moved it back and forth – she loved it but, after few minutes she started crying so I had to put her back in the stroller. Then, we sat on the grass for a little time – she loved to play with grass – unfortunately, her pretty pink dress now has green stains all over it. After that when we were making our way to the lake – a dog got her attention and she started to yell and laugh at him – which of course got the dog and the owner's attention. The puppy gladly ran towards us and tried to get in the stroller with Kathie. At first, I thought she would cry – but, surprised she didn't. She enjoyed seeing the dog bark and jump. The owner of that dog was a teenage girl, Jo, who was walking her dog in the park. We both talked this and that while Kathie and the dog, whose name was Magic, played with each other.

Till now Kathie enjoyed herself but, now she was tired so I put her back in the stroller. Just as I pushed the stroller to move forward – my cell phone started to ring. Without even seeing the name I could tell who it was.

"Hello, Mr. Harrison," I answered the call.

"Hello Miss McGill, Are you both still in the park?" he questioned while I could hear muffled noises from the background.

"Yes, but we are just leaving now," I said while I pushed her stroller and walked out of the park.

"Oh all right." He said, "You want me to pick you guys up?" he asked.

I chuckled, "What? No, Mr. Harrison – your penthouse is hardly five minutes' walk away. We will be okay." I explained.

I heard him sigh, "All right, uh – call me when you reach home." He asked.

"All right, I will." I ensured. "Don't worry, Mr. Harrison – Kathie is in safe hands. You trust me, remember?" I asked.

He chuckled, "Yes – yes, I do." He said, "But, still call me back when you reach home." He repeated.

I rolled my eyes, "All right, I will." I said.

I ended up the call and put the phone back in my hood's pocket. Marcus is insanely protective over his child and he has every right to be – but, sometimes he's little too much. We were walking on the footpath – making our way through the ocean of people when my cellphone rang again. I rolled my eyes – this guy has no peace at all. I took the phone out of my pocket and answered it without looking at the caller's ID.