Hard To Be A Harrison

I was beyond shaken. Nothing was making sense. Everything felt like a mystery – a mystery that is too hard to solve. Soon after the bodyguards were taken to the hospital – Owen and Silas came to my apartment and with my consent, it was decided that staying at my apartment is nothing but, dangerous. Marcus offered me to stay with him but, I refused. I couldn't stay with him – not when I am trying to move on. I was ready to stay at Maria's house with her and Pop but, Owen recommended to not to do so, because it would be easy for them to find me there and I will not be protected so, after discussing a lot it was decided that I will be staying at Silas's house. Marcus and Ben went to the hospital with the bodyguards while Owen went somewhere else.

I packed a few necessary things and locked my apartment before going with Silas to his place. I asked Maria to accompany me but, she refused – saying that she would like to go home but, she promised to come to visit me the next morning. After dropping Maria off to her home – we went to Silas's place. Kathie was with me as well – I was not going to leave her when I know that she is in equal danger as me. Luckily she fell asleep during the ride.

Silas's house was still the same – I remember I used to come here a lot to meet Maria before they got divorced. All the memories – good and bad – rushed back when I entered the house. I followed Silas in the guest room I will be staying in with Kathie sleeping in my arms. Silas opened the door for me and I walked in. I put Kathie in the middle of the bed before placing the pillows around her.

"Make yourself home, Charlie," Silas said as he dropped my bag on the bed of the guest room I will be staying in.

I turned around and smiled, "Thank you, Silas – for everything." I said to him.

He smiled back, "No Charlie, you have nothing to thank me for. I should be the one thanking and be apologizing to you." He said.

I frowned, "Why is that?"

He sighed and ran his finger through his hair, "Thank you for cooperating with us and sorry – sorry for dragging you in our family mess. You don't deserve any of this." He shrugged.

I chuckled, "Nor do you or Marcus – or anyone." I shrugged.

Silas plucked his lips and paused for a while, "Freshen up and take rest – you are safe here." he assured me.

I smiled and nodded my head. Silas returned the smile and turned around to leave the room when I called his name, "Silas?" I said. He turned around and raised his brows. I wetted my dry lips with my tongue. I had so many questions in my mind – if I will not ask them – I don't think I will be living in peace. I sighed, "Why is it all happening?" I asked him. "Who is doing this all? Why are they after Marcus or me?" I added a question after question.

He looked at me for few seconds before sighing out loud, "I don't know who is doing this all but, I am sure that Joe is not alone in it." He said.

I knitted my brows together, "What do you mean by that? Who else could be involved in it with him?" I asked.

He shrugged lightly, "I don't know that but what I know is that Joe isn't capable of doing all this alone." He answered.

Who else could be doing this with Joe? Just when I was tangled in my thoughts I remember hearing one name a lot since all this started, "Silas, who is Diego Silvia?" I asked him. I have heard Marcus, Ben, and Silas himself mentioning this name numerous times. I wanted to know who this person is.

Silas stiffed and gulped. The softness on his face was gone and now it was replaced by anger. He clenched his jaws, "Diego Silvia is the devil." He said – I frowned as I was completely confused. I didn't know what h was talking about. "He is the biggest enemy of Harrison's family." He added.