Epilogue (The End)

(Maria Wayne)

Charlotte finally woke up. After two long days – she woke up. When I came to know about the incident that took place at Silas's house – I rushed to the hospital. They said that Charlie had lost a lot of blood – it scared me. I thought I was going to lose her. But, thankfully she woke up.

Marcus didn't leave her side the whole time. Kathryn was with Elizabeth – she would bring her to meet her father but, not even once he left the hospital. When I asked him to go home and change – he simply refused. He didn't talk to anyone during those two days. He didn't eat properly – he hardly ever slept. He was a mess. Just when I realized how much this man was in love with my best friend. Charlie is lucky – so lucky that she got a man like Marcus. I just hope that they will always remain happy.

Ben, Joe, and Michael were arrested while Diego – he was shot down right after he attacked Charlie. Turns out Diego has been running illegal businesses since the nineties. The police seized Diego's properties and now the world knows what Diego Silvia did.

Marcus left the CEO's position. Owen and Silas tried to bring him back but, he refused. He says that he needs some time alone with Kathryn and Charlie – away from every problem. He told me that he is taking Charlie and Kathryn to the Maldives for vacations and I think he is doing the right thing. This man needs a break – he has been through a lot.

Gibson McGill was arrested as well. Even though he helped in capturing the true criminals but, he has also done some illegal activities in his life. He had to go to prison. Elizabeth told me that he said that he is willing to pay for his mistakes. He wants to become a better person – a better dad. The police officer told Owen that Mr. McGill might get jail for three years – not more than that.

Elizabeth and Owen have decided to go back to London. Their job here was done. Elizabeth promised that she will visit us occasionally. Silas is most likely to become the next CEO and I am happy for him – I am.

"Here, have some coffee." I heard Silas. I lifted my head to see him holding out the cup of coffee in his hand. I smiled and took it from him. Silas sat on the empty seat beside me as we both sipped from our cups.

Right now, we were in the hospital. Marcus finally agreed to go home to freshen up – till he comes back I volunteered to stay with Charlie. They gave Charlie the painkiller and now she was sleeping peacefully. Although I asked Silas to go home, he didn't agree – he wanted to stay. Maybe it was the best time to say what I wanted to say to him for a very long time.

I sighed, "What a week it was." I said to him.

He chuckled, "I am exhausted." He said. "But, I am happy. I am happy for Marcus and Charlie. They deserve all the happiness of the world." He added. I smiled and nodded my head – I completely agree with him. "And so do you." He added in a whisper.

I looked at him to see him already looking at him. I gulped and looked down. "I know I ruined your life, Maria. I know how much you wish you never met me." He said with a sigh. I jerked my head towards him. He was smiling sadly – he glanced at the cup in his hand, "I am sorry for making your life a living hell. Although, I don't deserve your forgiveness, still – I hope you will forgive me." He said.

My eyes got wet, "I forgave you a long time ago." I whispered.

He nodded his head, "I know." He replied without looking at me. He mashed his lips together. "I also know that you are leaving." He said.

I was surprised – how did he know? I didn't tell this to anyone except for Leo and dad. I felt a lump in the throat, "How – how did you?" I asked him.

He smiled sadly, "I overheard you talking to Leo this morning." He told me. "I am sorry – I shouldn't have heard it but, I couldn't help it. I know that you planning to shift to Chicago with Leo." He said.

He was right – I was so tired and exhausted from all that happened to me so, I have decided to leave. I will be going to Chicago to live with Leo. "I won't stop you." His voice wobbled. He mashed his lips together, "I am sorry for everything. Maria – you are free. Free to be anywhere. Free to be with anyone. I – I can't control your life. But, I just want you to know this that you will always be in my heart – no matter what." He said and got up from the seat.

"Goodbye." He whispered as there were tears in his eyes. He turned around and walked away.

No matter how much it hurt to see Silas like this – I was leaving. I have to leave – it is better for both of us if we part our ways.