Revenge

"What – what are you doing here?" I panicked. "How did – did you get in?" I questioned as I stepped back. Joe chuckled and folded his hand over his chest.

"Why are you asking too many questions, Char – Char?" he asked calmly with a sinner smile on his face. "You are not afraid, are you?" he chuckled.

Yes – yes, I was afraid but, I wasn't afraid for myself but, for Kathie – who was sleeping in the next room. I gulped and raised my chin high to fake some confidence. "Why would I be afraid of you?" I replied to a question. "Now, answer my question," I said. "How did you get here?" I asked again.

He laughed and sat on the bed with a thud, "You see, Char – Char it is never too difficult to invade someone's property when you have your men in the security department." Joe wiggled his brows.

I frowned, "What?"

"I said it is never too difficult to invade someone's –" Joe repeated with a smirk on his face but, I interjected.

"I know what you said." I gritted out. "What do you mean you have your men in Silas's security team?" I asked him.

Joe chuckled and shook his head, "You see Char – Char, Silas, and Marcus thinks that they are smart but, they are not." He said. "Now, let's get to the real reason why I am here. As you see Char – Char, I am on a run and I don't have much time." He said.

I gulped and quietly listened to him while even moving a bit. I was still stunned by the fact that Joe had his men working in Silas's security team – is that why my father was able to get in? Is he a part of Joe's evil scheme as well? I was tangled in my thoughts but, Joe's voice dragged me back to reality.

"As you know that I stole Samson's documents with which you helped – thank you for that by the way." He sneered.

I gritted my teeth, "You tricked me." I spat.

"Ah – yes, yes – I did. It was very easy by the way." He mocked me. "You know, when I first saw you at Marcus's penthouse at the dinner – I knew that you would be the perfect person to accomplish my plans. You are naive, stupid, and worse of all – you trust easily." He mocked. I clenched my fist by my sides and glanced towards my phone that was lying on the bed. I cursed internally for being so far from my cell phone. Joe followed the gaze and smiled before walking backward and picking my cell phone from the bed. "Oh – you want to call someone?" he asked with a sly smile on his face – I never thought that I would ever hate him as much as I hate him now. "Your lover boy, perhaps?" he tried to tease me. "You know when we were a thing or whatever." He rolled his eyes, "I knew – I knew you liked Marcus. I knew it!" he laughed. "I wanted you two to get pathetically involved with each other so, I can work on my plan easily but, my stupid cousin just wouldn't make a move – I swear, if I was at his place – we would have been a thing. But pity, I never really liked you. You were never my type – you are just too plain." He insulted me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Why are you here, Joe? What do you want?" I pressed.

He sighed and smiled before his lips drew back in the snarl and threw my phone on the wall just beside me with full force. I squealed and hid my face as my cell phone crashed just beside my head and broke into two pieces. For a second air knocked out of my lungs as I thought he was going to hit me. I gulped and with widened eyes looked at my broken phone lying on the ground. I lifted my head to look at him smirking at me, "Are you out of your mind?!" I yelled at him and walked further to slap him when he did the unexpected.

He took a gun from his behind and held it against my head. I gaped as I looked at Joe with horror, "Wha –?" I couldn't speak – I was too shocked.

"Where is it?" he gritted out. "Where are the documents?" he asked. My knees wobbled – he was holding a gun against my head – I was scared – beyond scared.