Things You Don't Know About Me

I was discharged later that day. I didn't forget to meet Ben before I left. He was doing much better. He had a bandage wrapped around his shoulder. He was eating fruits when I entered in with Silas. He looked at me and smiled, "Hey." He greeted.

I smiled, "Hi." I said hoarsely. My voice sounded rough – maybe because I have been crying a lot lately.

"How are you feeling, Charlie?" he asked.

I chuckled, "I should be the one asking you that." I said and walked closer to his bed. I sat on the chair beside him, "So, tell me – how are you?" I asked.

He smiled, "I am fine." He glanced at his shoulder. "This is nothing." He said with a shrug but, winced when felt the pain.

I chuckled. Tears filled in my eyes – I am unable to control my emotions. "Thank you," I whispered as tears fell out of my eyes. "You risked your life for me," I said.

Ben frowned, "Charlie, I am fine. Why are you crying?" he asked and glanced behind me – probably looking at Silas – who was quietly standing behind me. Ben put his hand over my shoulder, "Charlie, are you okay?" he asked.

I wiped my tears off and nodded, "Yeah." I said and sniffed. "I am sorry – I am just very emotional right now." I reasoned. I took in a deep breath, "You have no idea how grateful I am. And I am sorry too – Joe – I never thought he would shoot you." I said. I was trying hard not to think about Marcus all this time but, all I could picture was him holding Kathie in his arm – looking at me.

Ben sighed, "I didn't know, either." He said lowly.

Just when I was about to say something – the door opened. I twirled my head to see a doctor along with a nurse walking in. The middle-aged doctor looked at Silas and me before averting his gaze on Ben, "It is time to change your bandage, Ben." he said.

I got up from my seat, "I will see you soon, Ben. Thank you again." I put my hand over his. Ben smiled and nodded his head.

"I will see you soon, man. Take care." Silas said before we left his room.

As we were walking towards the exit – I could see Silas glancing at me from time to time. I know that he knows that I am upset because of his brother but, he didn't say a word to me about him since he came. When reached the door Silas asked me to sit on the bench while he went to bring the car.

I was sitting on the bench – looking around. People were rushing in and out of the hospital. I lowered my gaze and stared at the patterned floor beneath my feet. I was trying so hard not to think about Marcus and how he broke my heart but, I was unable to do it. Each time I tried to avert my mind – Marcus's face would come rushing back in front of my eyes. A big fat tear fell on the cemented floor. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"Charlie?" I sniffed and hurriedly wipe off the tears before lifting my head to see Silas standing right in front of me.

"Yes?" I asked in a whisper.

He was looking at me with pity. He mashed his lips, "Let's go?" he asked softly.

I frowned and looked behind him to see his car. I was so lost in my depressing thoughts that I didn't even realize that he brought the car. I nodded and wiped my nose before standing up. I left a lump in my throat – I mashed my lips together and glanced at Silas who was looking at me with so much compassion that I couldn't keep it in and broke down in front of him. I let out a sob, "He is leaving me." I bawled.

"Charlie," Silas said softly and wrapped his hand over my shoulder. I rested my head over his chest and sobbed. I wasn't keeping anything in – I was crying out loud. I could feel that people were watching me cry but, I didn't care – I needed to take it all out. Silas was quietly embracing me while softly rubbing my shoulder. I clenched his shirt in my fist and cried like a baby.