Sorry

Marcus was quiet during the whole ride back to Silas's house. I thought about saying or asking something to him but, what can I possibly say or ask? What if he is okay? Of course, he isn't. Or should I say that everything is going to be okay or that he should be scared? But, that would be a lie. A mobster's son committed suicide because of Marcus – he has every right to be scared – hell, I am scared.

My father promised me that he will save me – no matter what. I don't know if what I am doing is right but, I believe him. He even promised Marcus to help him but, also he asked Marcus not to tell anyone about him or our meeting – he said that he can't let Diego or his men know about me being his daughter or him helping us – they can easily harm us. Marcus didn't look much convinced but, he didn't decline either. He doesn't have any choice – my father might be the only person that can help us.

I sighed and look out the car's window. Dark clouds covered the blue sky as it drizzled. I put my finger on the water drop on the glass and raced it to the end as I recalled my conversation with my father just a few minutes ago.

"Joe – do you know him?" I asked my father.

He chuckled, "Who doesn't know that boy." My father commented. "Joseph Harrison works or worked for Diego. I don't know how they but, I know that he was a bug placed in Harrison's enterprise by Diego. He was working on defaming Marcus Harrison." My father's answer was enough for me to gape in shock – it was really hard to believe that Joe betrayed his own family. I glanced at Marcus to see quietly listening to my father.

I gulped, "What do you mean by works or worked?" I asked him.

"I have heard that he betrayed Diego as well. He stole some documents for Diego from Marcus but, didn't hand them to him. He ran away and now he demands more money to hand those documents to Diego." He answered. "They call him a snake." He added.

All three of us were quiet after that. Marcus hasn't spoken a word after he came to know about Diego's son. I glanced at him to see him lost in deep thoughts. I looked back at my father. He was wordlessly looking at me. I cleared my throat, "Did you break into my house?" I asked him slowly.

He frowned, "Break into your home?" he repeated my words. "I didn't break into your apartment." He answered. I sighed and nodded – so, Diego hired other men to break in my house. So, does Diego know that I am his daughter – is that why he didn't hire him so, he couldn't know? "Wait, someone broke into your apartment?" he questioned bewilderedly.

Marcus lifted his head and narrowed his eyes before glancing at me. I knitted my brows, "Yes, Diego did that, didn't he?" I asked him.

"No, I am pretty sure he didn't ask any of us to do that." He answered.

"You are saying that he didn't tell his men to break into my apartment and trash it?" I asked him again.

He shook his head, "No, he didn't. He just – he just asked me to – hurt you." He hesitated as he said.

"Maybe he asked his other men to do it? Maybe you are unaware of it." I reasoned.

He shook his head, "I don't think so." He said.

Drizzling soon changed into raining. Marcus increased the heater as we stopped at the signal. I was still very confused – if Diego didn't ask his men to trash my apartment then who did it? Joe? But, why would he do so? What will he possibly get from breaking in and trashing my place? I was lost in my thoughts when Marcus started to drive again and we were on our way to Silas's place.

Marcus stopped the car and I looked at him. He was looking ahead while his hands were clutching the steering. I frowned and looked out of the car to see we were right outside Silas's house. "Marcus?" I called him softly.