Dessicating Silas

Klaus was nearly out the door when he heard a cough behind him. He turned and faced his angry girlfriend, her eyes blazing with fury.

He smiled. "Something you wanted sweetheart?"

She gave him a frustrated look. "What was that?!"

He pretended to think. "I barely did anything sweetheart. My order was as demanding and safe as everything else's suggestions."

She padded towards him slowly, a frown on her face. "You could die."

He sighed. "I'll be careful, promise."

"Nik, are you insane?" She looked at him in shock. "If you die today then I don't know what I'll do without you."

He let out a small smile. She always knew how to make him smile, even the slight worry on her face that directed towards him sent him a loving feeling.

"I'll be fine."

She huffed. "At least take some hybrids."

"Will that make you happy?"

She nodded. "Just the best I got so I think I have to live with it."

"Okay. I'll see you tonight, hopefully." He kissed her forehead and headed out.

"Wait!"

He turned and suddenly was engulfed into a loving and warm embrace, a pair of lips were set on his and he wasted no time in replying. Before he could pull away she deepened the kiss.

He stopped when he felt his hands go up her shirt, and his eyes cloud with lust.

"I need to go,"

"Don't, just..I don't want you to go without me."

"Caroline.."

"Please! I'll ask Bonnie for a protection spell."

He sighed.

He couldn't say no to her. He wanted to so badly, but her eyes held his captive and the silent shudders he was getting was not helping his case at being serious for once. She was making him soft.

Not that he was complaining - since the awards were pleasurable.

But..something stopped his giving in.

Silas.

He was immortal, a witch that could kill his lover in less than a second, and he would be responsible for it. He would live knowing he had gotten the love of his life to death.

It was settled.

"You can't come."

She pouted. "Klaus.."

"Enough Caroline. I do not want to risk losing you. You will stay here with the other girls and I will meet Elijah at the temple. Simple and done."

She nodded leisurely, a tear escaping her eye as she did.

"I'll miss you."

"Me too."

But before he left he kissed her, placing both hands and cupping her cheeks as if he was about to leave to war and never come back. She moved her lips with his and devoured his mouth, and he savoured the taste, smell, feeling, and the way her body pressed yo against his.

"I love you."

He shook his head and hugged her tight. "I love you too. So much sweetheart."

She wiped the tears and took out a black stake from her boot. He looked at it in confusion. She looked at him.