Chapter 12

The water was freezing cold but I has no other choice but to get in. I ran and I jumped on my board. I started paddling until some girl bumped into me. "Opps sorry hahahah" she said sarcastically. Ugh figures. I got disbalanced but I was still able to paddle.

I saw my wave "perfect" I said. I got on my board and started surfing. I did some of my tricks. I almost stumble but I didn't. I did a traditional wipeout. A moment later all of us surfers waited for a wave. Nothing. "Wheres the waves?!" This girl yelled. All of us ignored her except a very immature person. Lia. I really don't talk about her cause she just gets in my nerves.

"Obviously the waves aren't coming so lets just go back" she said. She does that to win. Yeah once all of them are heading to the shore she's still there and then comes 'her' wave. I don't know her problem because she's always mean.

I had to speak up. "No Lia there could be a wave" I said turning to her. "Well well well look who decides to talk" she said smirking. "Oh please just give other people chances cause one day it's coming back at you" I said looking back at the water. I saw her open her mouth like a O from the corner of my eye. "You you-" she said getting cut off. "She's right you know" a girl said. Aaa so she also knows what I'm talking about.

To be honest there wasn't any waves and we only had 30 seconds left. We waited and waited. Finally the timer went off and we headed back to shore. "Ugh you two girls are annoying" Lia said. Me and the other girl looked at each other and we started laughing. "My name is Atlantic, whats yours?" She said. Wow Atlantic thats a pretty name unlike mine ugh. "Oh my name is Lois" I said holding my hand out. "Lois hmm I've heard of you, you were at Aqua's party right?" She said while raising an eyebrow. "Yeah that's me the one an only" I said. I'm happy I'm actually meeting a new friend. "That party was crazy, did you know the sodas also had alcohol" she said. WHAT! AQUA DRUNKED ME. OH WHEN I GET A HOLD OF HER! "No way" I said. "Yeah" she said. "Well I got to go my brother is waiting for me" she said. "Wait aren't you gonna stay for the trophies and medals?" I asked. "Nah I'm not interested, I just enjoy what I do" she said with a slight smile. "Alright bye" I said waving my arms.

She waved back and she ran towards a guy. Hmmm he looked familiar but I can't seem to remember who he was. I shook my head and I tried to look for Luke but I guess he's in the car.

I walked to the trophies stand thing. "Ok if everyone can settle down I will start with the winners" a guy said. I went over and waited. "Hey have I missed anything" Luke said coming towards me. "No but he's gonna start" I said turning back. "Okay so give me your board" Luke said grabbing my surf board. "Luke you don't know if I will win for sure" I said looking up at him. "Yeah yeah" he said taking my board away from me. I just turned back ignoring him. "Ok so third place is....Atlantic!" The guy said. Everyone started looking around but they couldn't spot her. "Hey I will hold it for her, she left thats why you guys can't look for her" I said speaking up. "Okay" the guy said giving me the median trophy. I gave it to Luke so he can hold it. "Second place is....Lia!" The guy said handing it to her. Lia gave the guy a 'ugh' look. "And first place is....." he said while pausing for a moment. "Lois!"

I went up and I got the trophy. It was bigger then my two legs combined. "Thank you" I said smiling. The rest of the girls got medals. I went down the step and left. "Hey see I knew it, you were really good" Luke said while him and me were walking to his car. "Thanks for not doubting me" I said. "Your very welcome" he said. I got in the car and I got an unknown phone call. "Um hello?" I said while putting it in speaker that way Luke can also hear. "Yes is this Lois Sea?" A women asked. "Yes why?" I said. Luke looked at me and he looked back at the phone. "Um I don't know how to explain this um" the women said. My eyes started to to get watery. "Is this the hospital" I said. "Yes" the women said. "No" I whispered. Luke looked at me with sad eyes. "Um sweetie you would want to come to the hospital" she said. Luke listened and immediately he drove out the parking lot.

2 hours later

We came in the hospital. Well I was running really fast. I burst in the hospital. I went to the front. "Hello yes I'm Lois Sea, they called and well hows my mom" I said really fast. Luke catched up to me. I knew he heard what I was saying cause I was pretty loud.

Luke came over and he held my hand. NOT INTERTWINING. NO! I gripped and squeezed his hand. He looked at me then the lady. "Yes ma'am before you freak out" she said getting cut by me. "NO! TELL ME NOW!" I said slamming the front table. I saw Luke from the corner of my eye. He didn't stop me. "Look-" she said. "No you look I've been dying to know about my mother and if you don't have the guts to tell me fine I'll just go in her room myself" I said angry. "Your mother" she said looking down. My eyes softened and tears started rolling down. Luke pulled me in his arms. I started crying like crazy. "Yes sweetie your mother isn't coming back" she said. I cried even harder. I know that my mother and I weren't that close but she still took care of me and she still loved me. Luke hugged me even harder. I was so broken. "Luke" I said shaking. "Shhh it's ok don't worry" he said pulling me away so that he can help me to the car. I felt like jelly. I was depressed.

"Luke" I said not even wanting to go to the car. He put my arm around his neck and he put his hand on my waist. "C'mon let's go home" he said dragging me.

We made it to the car. He opened the door and he carried me in. I went around the car and he got on his driver's seat. "Lois" he said soft almost whispering. I burst into tears. He leaned over and he hugged me again.

We drove back home. I didn't even wanted to move. I was hugging my legs against my chest the whole car ride. He opened my door. "C'mon Lois" he said. "No I don't wanna leave" I said leaning back and forth. "Alright" he said. He carried me bridal style. He got my keys and he unlocked my door.

He laid me on my couch and he sat across from me. "Lois talk to me you haven't spoke the whole car ride" he said. I took a deep breath and I let it out. I was still hugging my legs. I stuffed my head and I started to talk. "M-my d-d-dad is al-so de-a-d" I said putting my head up and I laid on the couch.

Luke stared at me with wide eyes. "Oh my gosh I didn't know" he said coming to me and he sat on the corner of the couch. "He died when I was 10" I said sitting down and looking at him. "Wow" he said. I stood up. He did the same.

"Ok now you need some rest" he said clapping his hands. He walked towards the door until I stopped him. "Um Luke" I said. He looked at me. "Yeah"

"Can you stay please" I said starting to cry again. "Of course" he said coming towards me. I told him he can sit on the couch until I was done taking a shower.

I finished and I came down stairs. He was watching tv. He started laughing until he saw me. "Hey look at this" he said pointing at the tv. I looked over. It was a silly cartoon show. "Oh wow" I said. I looked at my phone and I had 32 text messages. There all from Aqua. "Ugh Aqua" I said turning my phone off. "What's wrong?" Luke said turning the tv off.

"Aqua drunken me at the party thats why I was drunk" I said. He looked at me and his eyes widened. "How do you know?" He asked. "Oh a girl from the competition told me, Atlantic" I said. "Hmm that name sounds familiar?" He said. He came towards the kitchen counter. I had my apple laptop on it. He turned it on and he logged on his instagram. "You have a instagram?" I said giggling. "Yeah but I don't use it much" he said going to his followers. "Bam is that Atlantic?" he said pointing to her. "Yeah how do you know her?" I said questioning him.

"I use to date her but it didn't workout so we just became friends" he said shrugging. "Wow" I said. "Well get some sleep" he said turning off my laptop. "Hey come up stairs you can sleep in my moms room since she you know" I said. "Ok" he said.

We both headed up stairs. I turned to my room and he turned to my mom's room. I got under my blanket and I fell alseep.

"AAAA! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!" I said sitting up and breathing hard. Luke came in running threw my door. His hair was all messy and his eyes were wide. "Are you okay!" he said. I burst into tears. He came heading towards me. He sat next to me and he started hugging me. "Can you stay with me tonight?" I asked. "Sure" he said. I laid down and he did too. I turned to face him. He put his arms around me while I stuffed my head in his chest.

Authors note

Thank you guys sooooooo much for reading. The words that is in this curvy looking type of font. I didn't mean to put that. But again thank you. And happy birthday to whoever's birthday it is