chapter 8

"Sweetie?" A familiar voice said.

"Huh what" I said knowing it's not my mom. "Darling you got to go back home, you can't stay long trust me I will call when your mother wakes up" she said. "No!" I demanded. "I'm staying until she wakes up" I complained.

"Lois come on lets go" a low voice said. I turned to see who it was."Luke what are you doing here?" I said really shocked. "I stayed here cause who else will take you back home so, when you fell asleep I had no other choice but to stay" he said very tired. "Oh well um I'm still not leaving" I said while stretching.

"No Lois we are leaving" he said getting up and standing in front of me. "Why?! I want to be the first one to see my mother wake up" I said upset. "Look missy you both can't stay long in this hospital" the lady said. "And who are you to tell me that I have to leave my MOTHER!" I said already angry.

"Lois lets go!" Luke said so demanding. "Luke go run to your girlfriend and stay there!" I said pissed. "Lois!" He said. "Look I'm going to have to call security if you both don't get out!" The lady yelled.

"Whatever" I said walking to the door and slaming it. "Lois!" Luke yelled running after me. "What was that?!" He yelled grabbing me. "Look Luke I don't need your pity little chit chat right now" I said angrily. "Lois I know you didn't mean to say that, you want to talk about it" he said softly. "Just take me home please" I said trying my best not to cry.

--

We got home. I thanked him and went running towards my house. I got in and slammed the door. I laid my back against the door and slid down. "Why!" I said yelling. "Why me!" I said crying like crazy.

--

The next day

I woke up still in the same position I was yesterday. I got up and went to my room. I got changed in my surfing suit. I went running down the stairs. I got an apple and went off.

"Aaaa the nice breeze" I said whispering. I ran to the beach. I laid on my surf board and went into my zone. I started practicing my new tricks I learned. Once I was done I swam back to shore.

"Hey" a voice said. I looked up and it was Luke. He was getting down from his lifeguard ladder chair thing. "Oh hey" I said frowning. "Look I'm sorry what happened yesterday I didn't mean it" I said looking down at my feet. "I know but do you want to talk about it" he said once again. "Your not going to like it" I said looking up at him. I glanced when he put his hands deep down his pockets.

"Hey Luke!" A girl yelled. I turned to see and it was Cassandra. "Uhhh the wannabe" I said in a low voice that way no one can hear me but myself. "Oh Lois what are you DOING here" she said in a happy but angry voice. "Oh shut up Cassandra get lost" I said turning around to go back in the water. "Hey whats going on with you!" Luke yelled. I immediately turned around and I droped my board. I went walking up to him angrily.

"See Luke she's the problem, she's been threatening me and I can handle that because now I have my mother in coma and you know what I'm stressed right now so good day to you both" I said pissed. "Is this true Cassandra?" He said looking at her. "Yeah" she said crossing her arms like it's no big deal. "Why?!" He said. "Uhhh because I thought I was going to lose you so I just got rid of her but, I don't think that's possible" she said. "What?! You think I like him, no offense" I said pointing at Luke. "Yeah" she said in a 'duh' tone. "What?!" I said again. "I told you 3 million times I didn't" I said. "Oh well who cares" she said now putting her hands on her waist. "Girls stop it! Cassandra apologize" he said now serious. "I'm sorry ok happy" she said turning around and walking away.

"I'm so sorry was that what you were going to tell me?" He asked. "Yeah" I said heading towards my board. "Oh well do you have plans this evening?" He asked. "Uhhh....ummm....no" I said while packing my stuff. "Oh well do you wanna come to my place and watch a movie?" He asked nervously. "Oh?!" I said confused. "Sure" I said getting up and heading towards my house. "At 10 pm!" He yelled waving his arms. "Ok see you then!" I said responding back at him with my arms waving.

I got inside my house. I went up stairs to get ready. I looked at the time. "I only have 2 hours to get ready uhhhh" I said.