Now I'm here

Lola POV

Saturday, 9 May 2020

"Aaah, we're going to London!", I said to Rachel when I arrived at her house. "I am so exited omg", she said when she arrived at my car. We drove to Schiphol, because we live in the Netherlands. Of course, we arrived at the airport way too early, so we went to the Starbucks for an Iced Latte. After that we decided to go for some tax-free shopping. Unfortunately, we couldn't find any Queen merchandise :( Time flies when you're having fun, so it was soon time to enter the airplane. As soon as we were ready for take-off, I fell asleep. The shopping made me so tired. Meanwhile, Rachel was listening to (of course) Queen music. First Killer Queen, then I want to break free, Hammer to Fall, Seven Seas of Rhye, Fat Bottomed Girls and many others. After 40 minutes, I woke up. There were just a few minutes left before we would arrive at Heathrow Airport. Rachel and I both hated flying, but it was the shortest way to London. Rachel was really afraid of turbulence, but fortunately it was a smooth landing. As we arrived at Heathrow, we headed to the baggage claim. The reason why we chose Heathrow Airport, was because Freddie worked here. We thought that it would be fun to see, but it ended up being just an ordinary airport. We were very happy to find that our suitcases both arrived (because Rachel once lost her suitcase when she went on a vacation). After we got our suitcases, we looked for a taxi to take us to our hotel in London, which was located near Brian May's house ('cause we did do our homework ;)).

When we arrived at our hotel, it was already dinner time, so we decided to go to a cute little restaurant. "I'm starving, I swear I can eat a whole Indian rice table!", Rachel said. "I don't think that's a good idea, girl", I answered. "You're probably right, I think I go for the steak then." "Good choice, I'll take the burger." We talked about everything and nothing. We paid for our meal and headed back to the hotel. Opposite our hotel was a typical English pub. We walked by and we heard 'Don't stop me now' playing. We were very tired so we went to sleep, but if that wasn't the case, we would have taken a look. 

The whole next two days, we were wandering around London to visit all kind of places related to Queen. We went to Kensington, Feltham and Wembley. We also went to Camden Town, Primrose Hill and Abbey Road. We were not very lucky to see Brian or Roger, but we saw their houses and that was very special. We took a lot of pictures at the locations and we had a great time. We also did the common things you do when you are in London, so we went to the Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye and a bunch of other stuff. 

On the fourth day, we went shopping. This was not very exhausting, so we decided to go to a club or pub in the evening. Because we heard very good music in the pub opposite our hotel the previous days, we decided to go there...

-

So, this is my very first chapter ever. I hope you guys like it! Next part is coming the day after tomorrow. xxx