Epilogue

Lola POV

Saturday, 12 August 2023

"Yes, I do."

"You may now kiss the brides."

I looked deep into these beautiful green eyes which I love so much, I looked behind me and saw that Rachel also looked at me. We both turned around and kissed our husbands. It was so special to get married together with my best friend. From now on, we were no longer Rachel Verhoeven and Lola Evers, but we were Rachel Lee and Lola Jones (or Mrs. Hardy, what you prefer).

Rachel POV

Exactly 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 6 days ago, I found out that I was pregnant.

The display of the pregnancy test showed 'pregnant 2-3 weeks'. Gwilym and I were having a baby! I almost couldn't believe it and neither could Gwilym. I flew in his arms and kissed him. "Oh god, Rachel I'm so happy!' Gwilym said with a huge smile on his face. I knew that smile wouldn't disappear soon. I was also extremely happy and excited, I almost cried. "I just can't believe it...a little Gwil or a little Rach is growing inside of me, that's so magical!" I said while my hand was resting on my belly.

The week before, I started having morning sickness. First, I thought it was just a flu, but yesterday evening I started crying out of the blue. That's when I decided to get a pregnancy test. And now it was clear: those were symptoms of my pregnancy.

Months followed. Both Gwilym and I enjoyed every little thing of the growth of our little baby. Because I moved to England a few months before, Gwilym and I were together with every little thing: the moment my belly started to grow, the first little kick of our baby, the ultrasound where we found out we were having a girl, our first walk in the park when I didn't need to hide my belly anymore and of course, the birth of our beautiful little Mila on the 28th of February 2022. I loved seeing Gwilym as a proud, caring and loving dad. And he still is!

And now, Mila was one of our flower girls. She and her cousin (my brother's daughter) proudly walked in front of us when Lola and I walked down the aisle with our dads.

Lola POV

The rest of the day was also very special and magical. We ate cake, we drank moet et chandon and of course, we had our first dance as husbands and wife's. We didn't prepare anything, we just slow danced on a medley of our favourite songs. Tomorrow, we are going on our honeymoon. Rachel and I both really wanted to go to Greece, because we always came there as kids and we really wanted to show them how beautiful it is. First, we will be staying at a hotel on the mainland with the four of us and after 3 days we will go our separate ways: Rachel and Gwilym are going to Santorini and Ben and I are going to Kos.

"Oh and guys, one more thing", I said while we were eating. "I'm pregnant!"