In only seven days

I think you can guess what we did the rest of the day 'till the others came back...

-

Rachel POV

Monday, 18 May 2020

Monday, we didn't want to think of that day...it was the day Lola and I were going back home. But was it really going home? It felt like Ben's home became our home too in the last seven days. We got used to everything in his house. The rooms, the doors, the bathroom sink, the little noises when you walk on the 11th step of the stairs, we even got used to the sound of the coffee machine and the flush sound of the toilet. That in only seven days...

11.35 a.m. At that time, our plane to Amsterdam would take off. Lola and I hated to be late, so we wanted to be there at 9.35 a.m. That meant that we had to wake up at 7.00 a.m. We packed the evening before, so we were ready to go.

At 7.00 a.m., my alarm went off, a bit too loud (we didn't want to miss it). Gwilym was still asleep, which was funny because the alarm did go off really loud. What a cute sleepyhead! I rolled closer to him and gave him small kisses on his cheek. When he slowly opened his eyes, I kissed him on his lips. "Good morning honey." I said to him. "Good morning beautiful, today's the day..." he said. "Ugh...I don't want to go home, I want to stay here...I want to be with you...", while I said this, my smile began to disappear. "I know, I want to be with you too, but you have to go back to work, I have to work too, life still goes on..." Gwilym hugged me tightly and gave me kisses on my head. "I know...let's get ready, I'll check if Lola is awake." I said.

Gwilym made us our last breakfast, Ben got all the luggage in his car and Lola and I got ready to leave this wonderful place and these amazing guys that we called our boyfriends since this week. "The suitcases are in the back of the car, you only have to bring your backpacks." Ben said when he got back inside. "Thanks Ben!" I responded. "I hope you guys are going to visit us soon, we can't miss you that long..." Lola said sadly. "Of course, within a month! I promise! We can't miss you too..." Gwilym answered. We were happy to hear that.

After double checking if we packed everything, we left Ben's house. Ben was driving, Lola sat next to him and Gwilym and I were on the backseat. Lola had her hand resting on Ben's leg and Gwilym and I held hands almost the whole ride. I thought about getting back to The Netherlands, back to our hometown, back to our families, back to our other friends, back to work, continuing our lives as if this never happened...I thought about how I was going to miss the most handsome and loving man in this world, Gwilym, and of course Ben, his house, the rooms, the doors, the bathroom sink, the noisy stairs, the coffee machine and the flush of the toilet...I couldn't imagine being without all this. I was sure Lola was thinking the same...

-

I'm not crying, you are :(