Sheer heart attack

'Would you like to come to my house?'

-

Lola POV

Tuesday, 12 May 2020

I almost choked on my last sip of beer, but I recovered myself. "I live around the corner. Oh, and Gwilym is there too. His house is currently under construction, so he lives with me for a while." "Oh yeah we can do that, don't we Lola?", Rachel said immediately. "Yeah sure, that sounds fun!", I said. "Cool." "But I have to go to the toilet first. Would you come with me Lola?", Rachel said. Before I could answer, she dragged me with her into the woman's bathroom.

"What's up?", I said to Rachel. "wHaT's Up, WhAt'S uP, we are gonna meet Gwilym Lee. I AM GONNA MEET GWILYM LEE. Please pinch me. I'm dreaming. Is this the real life or is this just fantasy? I can't breathe. Omg Lola help I'm choking!" "HAHAHAHAH you dumb bitch. Here, take this bag of peanuts. I'll eat the peanuts; you breathe into the bag. Calm down. Think about the things you said to me. Everything is going to be alright, okay? You good now?" "Yes, I'm fine now, thank you. But seriously, I need to pee." "Okay, I'll wait here." While I was waiting, I was thinking about all the things that I could ask Gwilym. I heard the toilet flush and 1 second later, Rachel came out of the toilet and washed her hands. She splashed water into her face. "Okay, I'm ready. Let's go!", she said. I laughed at my crazy friend.

When we walked back to Ben, I grabbed my pack of cigarettes and took one of them. With a little 'twirl' in my fingers, I placed it in between my lips. In the meantime, we arrived at Ben. I held out the pack of cigarettes to him and nodded to it with a questioning look in my eyes. He also took one and thanked me for it. I looked at Rachel and I saw a little bit of disgust on her face, but she tried to hide it. Any other person wouldn't see it, but I know her for so long that I can see everything. She also knows me inside out. I smiled at that thought.

"Are the beautiful ladies ready to go?", Ben said while he lit his and mine cigarette. We both nodded, still a bit shocked and frightened for yet to come. But we were also very excited. We walked out of the pub, into the fresh night sky. We waved at the bartender. We continued our conversation while we walked to Ben's house. Due to the alcohol we drank, it took a little bit longer than usual. I almost fell 2 times and Ben almost ran into a traffic sign. But in the end, we made it safely to his house. Ben grabbed his keys out of his pocket and slid them into the keyhole. He opened the door and said: "Ladies first."

-

I really had so much fun writing this! I even laughed out loud a few times. I hope you did too.