You take my breath away

Because we heard very good music in the pub opposite our hotel the previous day, we decided to go there....

-

Lola POV

Tuesday, 12 May 2020

When we entered the pub, we immediately felt that there was a very nice vibe. The music was good, the interior looked nice, it was not too crowded, but it also was not too quiet. Everything was perfect. But this was not the best thing. When we headed to the bar to grab some drinks, we saw a person sitting at the bar. A guy. He was wearing a red t-shirt and jeans. He had blonde hair. He was between 1.75 and 1.80 meters. Rachel and I looked at each other. We didn't say a word, but we thought the same thing: that guy was the one and only Ben f*cking Hardy!

I lowkey had a panic attack when I saw him. I almost wanted to turn around and run away, but Rachel stopped me from doing that. "This is your chance to finally meet him, why would you run away?", she said. "Because people say that you should never meet your idol", I answered. "People talk shit all the time. You literally always talk about him. You know that you are gonna regret this, don't you?" "Yes, I know. Okay, I think I'm ready." "Good. This is the plan: we're gonna ask him if it's okay if we sit next to him. Maybe he starts talking to us. If not, we're gonna ask him a question." "Good plan, let's do it."

We started walking towards him. There were 1000 things going on in my head: What should I say? Do I look good? What if he acts like a dick? What if I stumble in front of him? What if I spill my drink all over him? Shit, we're here. I have to say something. Act like a normal human being.

"Hey, is it okay if we gonna sit here?", I said to the blonde-haired man. "Oh, yeah, sure.", he answered. I squeaked inside but acted cool. Rachel and I ordered our drinks. She got a glass of wine and I got a pint of beer. We started talking about our day, nothing serious. At some point, Ben asked us to hand him a coaster. I gave it to him and asked him how his day was. "Good, I had a day off, so I binged a series on Netflix", he said, "What have you beautiful ladies done today?" We giggled and answered his question. Soon, the conversation went 'deeper'. We started talking about space, extra-terrestrial life, the meaning of life, death, ghosts. We drank more wine and beer. We sang to the songs. We had fun.

We were so caught up in our conversation, that we didn't notice that we were the last persons in the pub until the bartender said that he wanted to close. But we didn't want to leave, because we were still very deep into the 'flat earth theory'. Out of nowhere Ben said, "Would you like to come to my house?"

-

When I started writing this chapter, Lady in red from Chris de Burgh started playing in my head. I don't know why because I haven't heard that song for like 3 years. But I thought, why shouldn't I use that hahaha.