Good old-fashioned lover boy

I followed Ben outside.

-

Rachel POV

Wednesday, 13 May 2020

So, Ben and Lola went outside to smoke...

From that moment, it was just me and Gwilym. We both sat on the same couch, which I did on purpose (of course ;)). We continued to talk about our personal lives. Of course, I knew what he was doing as a job etc, but he didn't know a lot of me. "So, Rachel, now it's just me and you...", Gwilym said with a wink, "Do you have a nice job? And what about your family?" he asked interested. "Well, as I told earlier this evening, I have 1 brother. He already has a child, so I am auntie Rachel haha! And yeah, my lovely job! I work as a teacher at a High School near my hometown." I answered his questions. "Ah so you're already an aunt, that's so nice! And that's a very interesting job, what subject do you teach?" Gwilym responded. "I teach Dutch language! I was always fascinated by my mother tongue, so when I was in High School, I decided that it was going to be my future job." I said. "That's wonderful, Rachel! When I was really young, I wanted to be a veterinarian, because I loved animals. Do you have any pets?" Gwilym continued the conversation. "Ahww, that's so adorable! But no pets for me please! My nose is already itching when only talking about them, brrr...Sadly, I'm allergic to dogs and cats. Otherwise, I would love to have a cute little dog!" I answered.

We kept on talking about our personal lives and our youth. We talked about family, friends, our favourite food, favourite colours and much more. As time went on, I moved closer and closer to him. He didn't seem to mind. Well, he even put his arm around me! We were still talking, but meanwhile my head was a complete chaos. Did he also like me? Or were we just friends after this evening? So many questions were going around inside my head...I was a bit shocked by his move. I think he noticed that because he squeezed my shoulder a bit. "Are you alright, Rachel?" he asked concerned. "Ehmm...yeah...I'm alright Gwil, thanks for asking." I responded stuttering.

Then his eyes caught mine. He had this really intense look in his eyes. It was just like we were the only persons that mattered in the world. Then our heads moved closer and closer to each other, just as if it was meant to be. As our lips came closer to each other, I shivered a bit. He made the space between our lips disappear. It was a pretty intense kiss. His one hand reached for my head as his other hand held my waist. I don't really know how long this kiss lasted, but in my opinion, it couldn't be long enough. For me it was the proof that Gwil liked me too. But sadly, the kiss ended quite abruptly when Ben and Lola came back inside with weird smiles on their faces. Lola's grin told me more than words could ever do. I knew that she felt the same feeling that I felt in the last couple of minutes...

-

This chapter is written by my best friend :)