I'm in love with you

I followed Ben outside.

-

Lola POV

Wednesday, 13 May 2020

"But Lola, you already offered me your cigarettes when we walked home", Ben said to me. "Yeah, I know, but I usually smoke other cigarettes and I don't really like these so you can have one. Or more if you want." "Oh, I see. What kind of cigarettes do you usually smoke then?", he asked me. We chatted a bit about cigarettes and smoked ours, until he asked me about home. "So, you live in the Netherlands right. Where exactly? In Amsterdam?" "Nope, I live in a really small town, a few kilometres from the border with Germany. I live there with my parents. I don't have any siblings. I started a study, but it turned out to be the wrong choice. After that, I studied pedagogy and I graduated last year so I'm looking for a job right now." "So, you want to work with children, right? That's what pedagogy means, right?", Ben asked me. "Kind of, the dictionary says, 'the art, science, or profession of teaching'. So, I can help parents with questions about how to raise their child." "Interesting. When I was a really really little Benjamin, I had a crush on one of my teachers like all kids had and I wanted to become a teacher when I grew up. When I grew up, I was more interested in acting. But to this day, my backup plan is still teaching." "Wow I really didn't know this. Thank you for sharing this with me", I said.

By the way, it was honestly a very beautiful night: no clouds and a lot of stars. I thought about Brian May and that he probably was very happy to see this. I was also very happy to watch the night sky together with Ben. In the moonlight, his face looked almost ... magical. Like an angel. But even though it was a beautiful night, it was a bit chilly. I shivered a bit because a gust of wind came by. Ben noticed and put his arms around me. Suddenly, it was no longer cold. I felt that Ben was staring at me, but I didn't look back. I enjoyed the feeling, the moment. "What is your favourite colour?", I asked him. I looked up and saw him smile. "Orange", he said. "But not bright orange. Orange like the sky when the sun is going down, soft orange." "What is your favourite animal?", I asked him. "Dogs." "What is your favourite day of the week?" "Friday." "What is your favourite thing about earth?" "Love." "What is your favou-" Ben put his finger on my lips and said: "Please just kiss me."

I took my time. I admired him and teased him a bit. I stroked his jawline, looked at his lips and moved forward. He pulled me closer with his arm. With his other arm he brushed a strand of hair from my face. Eventually, our lips touched each other. It sent shivers down my spine. He slowly walked forwards and pushed me against the wall. We kissed for what felt like ages. It felt like I couldn't breathe, but that wasn't important at this moment. The only thing that was important, was Ben and me. When we broke our kiss, we both smiled. We didn't say a thing, but we both knew that this kiss was going to change our lives. 

<3