Good company 2.0

After some good conversations, Brian got a great idea...

-

Lola POV

Thursday, 14 May 2020

"Rog, do you have a guitar here?" Brian asked. "Yeah, of course, down in the basement", Roger answered. "Well, while these ladies are really interested in music and play instruments themselves, maybe it's fun to jam a bit together?" Brian proposed. "Sure, great idea Bri! Let's see how good you really are!" Roger said jokingly. We followed Roger and Brian to the basement.

Rachel POV

"Lola, squeeze me please, this is a dream, right?" I whispered. "This is amazing! Jamming with Brian and Roger, it's another dream to come true!" Lola responded. We arrived at Roger's basement. There were lots of instruments, but the drum kit was the centrepiece. "Wow, this is so cool!" Lola said amazed. "Hahaha, yeah it's nice! Would you like to play something, Lola? Come on, sit down and play something!" Roger was really enthusiastic. "Rachel, you want to show me your skills on the guitar? Maybe we can head to another room, so we don't create a complete chaos with all the different instruments." Brian said.

Brian, Gwilym and me were in a different room with some guitars. "So, Rachel, just play something! Don't be afraid to make mistakes, I make them too." Brian said comforting. I started playing love of my life on an acoustic guitar. Luckily, I barely made mistakes. I was so relieved! Brian and Gwil started applauding when I finished. "That was really good! You're a great guitarist!" Brian said proudly. "Wonderful, Rachel!" Gwilym said with a big smile on his face. I could see that he was madly in love with me. I knew it was love from both sides, I never felt so in love before! That feeling (and also the feeling of a proud Brian) made me blush. The three of us continued playing some awesome songs. We had a great time! I bet Lola, Ben and Roger had a great time too.

Lola POV

When Rachel walked away with the Brian and Gwilym, I was alone with Roger and Ben. I already took place behind the drum kit. "Name a song and I'll play it", I said. "Alright, let's start easy", Roger responded. "Let's go with Another one bites the dust." I thought for a second, but then I started playing. When the song was over, Roger and Ben applauded. "Can you play I'm in love with my car?" Ben asked with a smile. "Of course, I can." I played the song and I even dared to sing a little bit. My singing is not that great, but for background vocals it's perfect. Roger even started to sing with me! It was amazing.

After a while, the other three came back. We decided to play some more songs with the six of us. We played Hammer to fall, Killer queen and '39. I also played bass for the first time!

It was around 6.00 p.m. when we decided it was enough instruments/music for today. Roger invited us over for dinner and we decided to take that offer. It was an amazing time. When we drove back home, Rachel and I were tired but satisfied. We both fell asleep on the backseat of the car.

-

What a day...a beautiful day...