Leaving home ain't easy

I was sure Lola was thinking the same...

-

Rachel POV

Monday, 18 May 2020

Gwilym and Ben were too sweet. They took our suitcases, so we didn't have to drag them. They followed us as far as they could, but they couldn't go further than the baggage drop off.

This goodbye was one of the hardest goodbyes in my whole life...it felt like as we left this city, we also left the memories there. Gwilym and I hugged a lot, because we didn't know exactly when we were able to hug again. Ben and Lola did the same. I saw that Lola was holding back her tears, which hit me like a truck. I felt the same way. As I looked back to Gwil, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing anymore. "Ahw darling, don't cry! We're going to visit you as soon as possible, I promise!" Gwilym told me. Lola and I were both crying, but we didn't care about that. We had to leave our boyfriends...and that's really hard.

After lots of hugs and kisses, the moment was there; we had to leave. We waved and blew kisses as long as we could see them. When Lola and I arrived at the gate, we hugged each other tightly. This was going to be a really hard time. And sooner than we thought (the goodbye really took a lot of time) it was time to enter the plane and take off. Leaving our boyfriends, leaving a beautiful city, it was like leaving a bit of our hearts there.

The flight went well, we safely arrived at Schiphol Airport after an hour. Lola and I talked a lot about what happened this week. It was strange to hear Dutch all over the airport again, because we were getting used to speaking and hearing English. We waited for our luggage to arrive. When we finally got our suitcases, we headed to the parking lot to find Lola's car. Lola and I still had to catch up on everything that happened last week, so we drove to my house. When we got there, we first called our moms. We had to explain a lot...

Luckily, both moms reacted enthusiastically! We were both relieved by the fact they didn't get angry or something, hahaha! "I'm still so thrilled because of what happened, but I already miss these guys so much!" Lola said. "Same for me, I want to hug Gwil..." I responded. "Well, it's almost dinner time...Let's order pizza's, I'm so hungry!" I said. "Rach, you have the best ideas! Comfort food all the way, yeah!" Lola almost screamed.

As we waited for our pizzas to arrive, we video called Ben and Gwilym (yeah, we missed them a lot, we needed to hear their voices). It was really funny, they were feeling the exact same way and also decided to order pizza's! And as if that wasn't funny enough, our pizzas arrived almost at the same time. So, we ate together, just like the last couple of days. We also gave them a little house tour. We called for a long time, but Gwilym soon had to leave because he planned to go to his parents this evening. "I'm so tired, I can't even walk to my bedroom...and yeah, you can sleep here, I guess you don't want to go home this late?" I laughed. "It's like you're reading my mind, Rach!" She said. We sent our boyfriends a virtual goodnight kiss and soon fell asleep, dreaming about our boyfriends.

And that's how our trip to London ended, way different than we thought initially. But it couldn't be any better!

-

Imagine this

Imagine this...